P
Posted By
Peter
Aug 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been looking to upgrade my monitor. I currently have a 17 inch crt. I was always under the impression that in this field "Photoshop" the crt’s are preferred. As to brand and model does anyone have suggestions as to preferences?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
Hecate
Aug 12, 2005
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:18:41 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

I’ve been looking to upgrade my monitor. I currently have a 17 inch crt. I was always under the impression that in this field "Photoshop" the crt’s are preferred. As to brand and model does anyone have suggestions as to preferences?
Currently (* if you can still get them because most manufacturers have said they will cease making them round about this summer) I’d look at the Iiyama VisionMaster 19" and the LaCie ElectronBlue 19 and 22".

The main problem with cheaper LCDs is colour accuracy. The ones that do have colour accuracy tend to cost a fair bit more than CRTs (look at Eizo).

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
PR
Pete R
Aug 13, 2005
"Hecate" wrote in message
wrote:

Currently (* if you can still get them because most manufacturers have said they will cease making them round about this summer) I’d look at the Iiyama VisionMaster 19" and the LaCie ElectronBlue 19 and 22".

Those latter two are actually Mitsubishi Diamondtron crts, and the 22" is sold directly by Mitsubishi (for less $) as the 2070SB.
PR
Pete R
Aug 13, 2005
"Pete R" wrote in message
wrote:

Those latter two are actually Mitsubishi Diamondtron crts, and the 22" is sold directly by Mitsubishi (for less $) as the 2070SB.

Oops, just found out this model is discontinued. The equivalent monitor now is the NEC Multisync FE2111SB.
H
Hecate
Aug 14, 2005
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:37:24 GMT, "Pete R"
wrote:

wrote:

The screen is. If you wan the cheaper monitor you won’t get the controls or the quality. Up to you. There’s a reason it’s more expensive from LaCie.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections