Posted By
John Solitude
Apr 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
RATED WITH A 5 STAR ON ADOBE STUDIO EXCHANGE:

This is my very own personally designed action, for users of Photoshop who already know how to work with different color modes, channels and alphachannels. If not, this will probably not be usefull for you.

WHAT’S THE POINT OF THIS ACTION?

Some colormodes are better than others for doing adjustments or getting the right selection or mask. Most users only work in RGB mode, but there are also CMYK, Lab, Grayscale, HSB, HSL, YCC, colormodes, all coming with there own channels in which the colors and contrasts are laid out differently than RGB mode. So if you are looking for a certain kind of selection or adjustment, it could be better to switch to another colormode.

WHAT WILL THIS ACTION DO ?

It converts a duplicate layer of your image to many different colormodes, copy’s the available channels and puts them back in to your RGB image as alphachannels (this will save a lot of time converting, copying, pasting, ….). In fact, for advanced Photoshop users this action is so practical Adobe should pay me to put it standard in Photoshop 🙂

WARNING BEFORE USING: (don’t complain if it doesn’t work when you don’t follow these instructions !)

First you have to install the HSBHSL Adobe filter (which is NOT installed
standardly, you can find it in the goodies folder of the Photoshop CD Rom)

Start out with an image in RGB color mode before running this action.

TESTED ON:

– Photoshop CS, Windows XP (has not been tested on lower versions, so let me know in this thread if you would try)

ONCE AGAIN:

You have to install the HSBHSL filter from Adobe from your goodies folder, before you can use this action.

CODE
http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAssetDetailSubmit.asp?aID=10 033

ATTENTION WHEN USING THE LINK:

Adobe Studio Exhange will probably only let you download when you register first (however, this is free, and a goldmine of layers, styles, actions, patterns, …) will open for you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections