Posted By
Bernhard Lange
Aug 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

does anybody know a Photoshop plugin or good automatism for automatic retouching TV symbol on screenshots?

I watched such effect on several captured TV series: the TV symbol was deleted and the background was retouched as best as possible.

I think if such automatic procedure is available for complete video editing then it must be also available for single screen- shots (pictures)…

I tried it manual but the results were not satisfactorily.

Can anybody help me please. Thanks.

Bye, Bernhard

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
KatWoman
Aug 9, 2005
"Bernhard Lange" wrote in message
Hello,

does anybody know a Photoshop plugin or good automatism for automatic retouching TV symbol on screenshots?

I watched such effect on several captured TV series: the TV symbol was deleted and the background was retouched as best as possible.

I think if such automatic procedure is available for complete video editing then it must be also available for single screen- shots (pictures)…

I tried it manual but the results were not satisfactorily.
Can anybody help me please. Thanks.

Bye, Bernhard

what do you mean by TV symbol??
If you mean how to de-interlace (remove the screen lines?) there are a lot of how-to tutorials
Try filter de interlace?
NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Aug 9, 2005
KatWoman wrote:

The OP is referring to the logo watermarks that TV stations put on the corner of the things they transmit.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Aug 9, 2005
Bernhard Lange wrote:

Are you sure that is what happened? Perhaps the compression destroyed the logo anyway. Or maybe they captured from a channel with no logo? Do you have an example screenshot?

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
R
Roberto
Aug 9, 2005
"KatWoman" wrote in message

We call it a ‘bug’; the logo on the lower right corner.
J
jenelisepasceci
Aug 10, 2005
Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

Bernhard Lange wrote:

Are you sure that is what happened? Perhaps the compression destroyed the logo anyway. Or maybe they captured from a channel with no logo? Do you have an example screenshot?

There are logo removal facilities in public domain video capturing software like the DeLogo or Logoaway filters for virtual dub. However, these filters detect the part of the picture which does not change between frames and fill this area with averaged information taken from the surrounding, varying part of the picture or use the displacement information to find out which part of the image was hidden behind the logo some frames earlier and thus can hide the logo quite efficiently. Since algorithms for logo detection rely on the comparison of subsequent frames, they can possibly not be used for a single captured frame in PS.

Peter
K
KatWoman
Aug 10, 2005
"Peter Wollenberg" wrote in message
Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

Bernhard Lange wrote:

There are logo removal facilities in public domain video capturing software like the DeLogo or Logoaway filters for virtual dub. However, these filters detect the part of the picture which does not change between frames and fill this area with averaged information taken from the surrounding, varying part of the picture or use the displacement information to find out which part of the image was hidden behind the logo some frames earlier and thus can hide the logo quite efficiently. Since algorithms for logo detection rely on the comparison of subsequent frames, they can possibly not be used for a single captured frame in PS.

Peter

that must be what he is looking for
I didn’t understand his post

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections