H
Posted By
hobbacher
Apr 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
From computer programs I get graphics with colours, black background and white labelling. For printing, it is better to have the background white and the labels in black. At the moment I use the HIJAAK function: Exchange black and white. Is there a comparable function in PS or how could I achieve using PS??? The colours have to be maintained.

Regards AFH

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
May 1, 2004

A.F. Hobbacher wrote:
From computer programs I get graphics with colours, black background and white labelling. For printing, it is better to have the background white and the labels in black. At the moment I use the HIJAAK function: Exchange black and white. Is there a comparable function in PS or how could I achieve using PS??? The colours have to be maintained.

Regards AFH

If the graphics are the only areas that contain pure black and white, you can invert black and white only with an action based on "Select>Color Range…" as follows:

1) In the actions palette, create a new action and click on the record button.
2) Click on the "Select>Color Range…" menu item, select"Sampled Color" mode, and set the fuzziness slider to zero. Click on a white area of the graphics and click the OK button.
3) In the layers palette, create a levels layer, and swap the black and white triangles to invert the white areas of your image.
4) Hide the Levels layer for the next step, otherwise the black areas you
created will be selected.
5) Repeat steps 2 and 3, selecting a black area instead of a white area.
6) Turn on the layer you created in step 3.
7) Optionally flatten the image.
8) Click the Stop button in the actions palette.

Voila – black and white are inverted. Connect this action to a function key, use it in an action, or make a droplet.

Mike Russell
www.geigy.2y.net

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections