DD
Posted By
Dan_Douglas
Jan 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I set the folder where File Browser should start? It defaults to the My Pictures folder, and I’d rather have it default to a network folder.

Dan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Walls
Jan 27, 2004
Which version of PS. PS 7 has some odd algorithm for remembering which folder to start in. Dunno about CS.
DD
Dan_Douglas
Jan 27, 2004
PS 7.
CW
Colin_Walls
Jan 27, 2004
I don’t believe you can set it up to open somewhere in particular. I think the logic is to open in the last folder from which a file was opened. I do not believe it defaults to My Pictures [always].

Personally, I use Photoshop Album as my browser and drag pics into PS 7. I gather PS CS has some nifty features in the browser.
JJ
Jay Jhabrix
Jan 28, 2004
There seems to be no method to the madness as to where File Browser chooses to open in PS 7.01 🙂 Have found that sometimes it opens in My Pictures… sometimes in the last viewed folder…. and this is irrespective of a PS shut down and restart or a complete system shut down and restart….

Cheers…

JJ
RK
Ronald_Keller
Jan 28, 2004
Dan,

Put a shortcut in the My Pictures folder. Not ideal but then it’s only one double-click to your favorite folder…

Ronald

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections