Posted By
Si
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m really considering the purchase of a graphics tablet and the cheap cost of the Volito appeals because it would allow me to test the water before spending more on a better specced tablet.

Is it a good performer?

Thanks,

Si.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
Hecate
Apr 7, 2004
On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 01:08:28 +0100, "Si"
wrote:

Hi,

I’m really considering the purchase of a graphics tablet and the cheap cost of the Volito appeals because it would allow me to test the water before spending more on a better specced tablet.

Is it a good performer?
In a recent test I saw, the Volito was rated as overpriced and underperforming. Basically, they said if you want a cheap tablet buy a Trust (but be aware the build quality matches the price), otherwise, buy a Graphire.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
XT
xalinai_Two
Apr 7, 2004
On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 03:29:29 +0100, Hecate wrote:

wrote:

Hi,

Is it a good performer?
In a recent test I saw, the Volito was rated as overpriced and underperforming. Basically, they said if you want a cheap tablet buy a Trust (but be aware the build quality matches the price), otherwise, buy a Graphire.

The Voilto works fine, the drivers are stable, all available Wacom tools work with it (like the Pen Tools plugin).

You have all the benefits from Wacom technology (no batteries in the pen).

Manufacturing could be better, compared to the professional tablets, but compared to Trust, better trust Wacom.

Michael
D
DrPanic
Apr 7, 2004
I have had the same doubt and finally I have bought a Graphire2 at same price than Volito much cheaper than Graphire3.
FL
Fuzzy Logic
Apr 7, 2004

[posted and mailed]

"Si" wrote in
news:c4vgjf$pbv$:

Is it a good performer?

I have no experience with the Volito (appears to be only availble in Europe).

Here is a review:

http://www.rojakpot.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=79&pgno=0

I have used various Wacom products over the years and they have all been well built, reliable and work as advertised.
R
RicSeyler
Apr 7, 2004
Can the Graphire 2 be used with my current mouse?

I’m interested in one. I saw on wacom site they are listed without a mouse, but did a google and haven’t found the tablet/pen for sale with no mouse?

DrPanic wrote:

I have had the same doubt and finally I have bought a Graphire2 at same price than Volito much cheaper than Graphire3.

Ric Seyler
P
Pat
Apr 7, 2004
I’ve been using a Volito for several months and have found no problems. I don’t use it’s mouse at all, I already have a better one!

Pat

"Hecate" wrote in message
wrote:

Hi,

I’m really considering the purchase of a graphics tablet and the cheap
cost
of the Volito appeals because it would allow me to test the water before spending more on a better specced tablet.

Is it a good performer?

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
P
povlhp
Apr 8, 2004
In article <c51utp$m61$>, Pat wrote:
I’ve been using a Volito for several months and have found no problems. I don’t use it’s mouse at all, I already have a better one!

One thing to consider is, that the Graphire works twice as far from the drawing board, and the pro series even further. If you use it like a mouse, which you will do to some degree, this is very nice.
H
Hecate
Apr 9, 2004
On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:06:46 +0000 (UTC), "Povl H. Pedersen" wrote:

One thing to consider is, that the Graphire works twice as far from the drawing board, and the pro series even further. If you use it like a mouse, which you will do to some degree, this is very nice.

I have a Logitech Marble trackball cordless, which if I so wished, could be used from the other side of the room – and it’s far better than the idiot mouse with the extremely small useable area that Wacom provide.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
XT
xalinai_Two
Apr 9, 2004
On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 02:49:37 +0100, Hecate wrote:

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:06:46 +0000 (UTC), "Povl H. Pedersen" wrote:

I have a Logitech Marble trackball cordless, which if I so wished, could be used from the other side of the room – and it’s far better than the idiot mouse with the extremely small useable area that Wacom provide.

If customers ask for a mouse on a tablet (because they believe they have seen that on large professional tablets) it is cheaper for the manufacturer to provide one with a 4×6 tablet that to explain what the purpose of that mouse-like device with the magnifier and the crosshairs really is made for.

<customer mode>
"I see a mouse and I want a mouse too!"
"me too"
"me too"
</customer mode>

Michael

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
H
Hecate
Apr 10, 2004
On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 07:32:08 GMT, (Xalinai)
wrote:

If customers ask for a mouse on a tablet (because they believe they have seen that on large professional tablets) it is cheaper for the manufacturer to provide one with a 4×6 tablet that to explain what the purpose of that mouse-like device with the magnifier and the crosshairs really is made for.

<customer mode>
"I see a mouse and I want a mouse too!"
"me too"
"me too"
</customer mode>

Michael
LOL! Yes, you’re absolutely right 😉

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections