I
Posted By
Ian
Jul 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using Photoshop Elements 2 successfully on Windows XP to edit jpeg images from my Nikon D70 DSLR (firmware v2.00). With the camera set to use the (default) sRGB colourspace PSE2 recognises the embedded sRGB profile. However, with the camera set to use the AdobeRGB colourspace PSE2 reports the images as untagged.
Has anybody else experienced this?
Is this an issue with PSE2 or the D70?
I haven’t yet installed any of the supplied Nikon software (e.g. PictureProject, Nikon Capture). Is this software needed to tag/embed the image with the correct profile?

Ian.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
Graham
Jul 31, 2005
I’m using PSE3 to process D70 images with the menu option set for Adobe RGB. In the camera "P" mode they show "Untagged RGB" as the Colour profile in the PSE Metadata display. (I haven’t looked at other camera modes.)

After being saved by PSE & re-opened they show "Adobe RGB"

In both cases "EXIF colour space" is shown as "Uncalibrated"

"Ian" wrote in message
I’ve been using Photoshop Elements 2 successfully on Windows XP to edit jpeg images from my Nikon D70 DSLR (firmware v2.00). With the camera set to use the (default) sRGB colourspace PSE2 recognises the embedded sRGB profile. However, with the camera set to use the AdobeRGB colourspace PSE2 reports the images as untagged.
I haven’t yet installed any of the supplied Nikon software (e.g. PictureProject, Nikon Capture). Is this software needed to tag/embed the image with the correct profile?

Ian.

K
KatWoman
Aug 1, 2005
"Graham" wrote in message
I’m using PSE3 to process D70 images with the menu option set for Adobe RGB.
In the camera "P" mode they show "Untagged RGB" as the Colour profile in the PSE Metadata display. (I haven’t looked at other camera modes.)
After being saved by PSE & re-opened they show "Adobe RGB"
In both cases "EXIF colour space" is shown as "Uncalibrated"

"Ian" wrote in message

Ian.
see alt.graphics.Photoshop for a discussion posted by kayaker on this topic I am a Canon user so I can’t help you
I did see some posts on this topic a few times, I think it is related to not having up to date firmware in the camera and that on AUTO it defaults to sRGB by design of Nikon but in "manual" modes it used the Adobe color space.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections