John Solitude
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I actually own this very model.

My experience is:

The A6 is a little on the small side for detailed work.
The pen is comparable to the Intuos range, with reduced resolution, but the resolution should be enough for Photoshop, may’be not for CAD software (I don’t use the latter so I would really don’t know)
I already owned a Microsoft mouse with increased functionality (scroll wheel which can also be pushed down) and found this much more interesting than the supplied mouse which came with the package.

Using a Microsoft mouse and only the penfunctionality of the Graphire tablet seam to gives no conflict, so if you have a decent mouse I would stick with it. Problem with using the mouse is also that A6 is really a little bit to small to manoeuvre freely with a mouse. On the other hand you don’t have the wire that gets in the way.

Hope this helps, but if I would by another one I would go for A5 size.

Ronald

"Si" schreef in bericht
Hi,

Has anyone experience of using this product – it’s the

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WM
William MacBain
Apr 2, 2004
I use both a pen and a mouse. Being left handed, I use the pen in my left hand but I’m a right handed mouse user as such I don’t have to drop the pen to pick up the mouse. I find this very advantageous. ie. When working with the clone tool I use the pen for ‘light’ cloning just a few pixels but the mouse for large brush left clicks. All this without having to change the brush size.

rtr wrote:
Agree on two out of three. Tablet & Pen. Mouse is fully programable and good as mouses go but once you get used to using the pen you will seldom use the mouse. As someone on this or another forum put it, when you get used to the pen then using the mouse is like trying to work with a bar of soap.
rtr

Hecate wrote:

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:01:06 +0100, "Si"
wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone experience of using this product – it’s the £79.99 model with mouse and pen.

I really need end users to tell me what they think of BOTH the pen and mouse that come with it.

Tablet Excellent
Pen good
Mouse is a great paperweight.

😉

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

S
Si
Apr 2, 2004
"William MacBain" wrote in message
I use both a pen and a mouse. Being left handed, I use the pen in my left hand but I’m a right handed mouse user as such I don’t have to drop the pen to pick up the mouse. I find this very advantageous. ie. When working with the clone tool I use the pen for ‘light’ cloning just a few pixels but the mouse for large brush left clicks. All this without having to change the brush size.

And this is with the A6 version?

Si.
WM
William MacBain
Apr 3, 2004
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 16:18:13 +0100, "Si"
wrote:

Si.

No. I use a Microsoft Intellimouse for the mouse. I don’t use the Wacom mouse.
S
Si
Apr 3, 2004
"MacBain" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 16:18:13 +0100, "Si"
wrote:

Si.

No. I use a Microsoft Intellimouse for the mouse. I don’t use the Wacom mouse.

Glad you clarified that – it appeared that you used the Wacom mouse from your post.

Seems that most ppl don’t rate the Wacom mouse.

Si.
M
madmanmac
Apr 3, 2004
I’ve got this set, ditch the mouse it only works in the square. use both pen and your standard mouse.

Andy

rtr wrote:
Agree on two out of three. Tablet & Pen. Mouse is fully programable and
good
as mouses go but once you get used to using the pen you will seldom use
the
mouse. As someone on this or another forum put it, when you get used to
the
pen then using the mouse is like trying to work with a bar of soap.
rtr

Hecate wrote:

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:01:06 +0100, "Si"
wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone experience of using this product – it’s the

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections