Posted By
jim evans
Jul 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

1) I can’t find a way to do the equivalent of the preview check box
in the Raw utility. That is, I can’t find a way to quickly switch back-and-fourth between an adjustment and no adjustment.

2) I can’t find an equivalent to the history pallet. That is, I can’t figure out a way to retreat from the last few adjustments. I have to cancel and loose them all rather than just backup.

3) Is there a way to move the entire histogram without distorting it? For example, if I overexpose a little, and then want to shift the exposure to the left how do I do it without altering the shape of the histogram? Moving the exposure slider to the right or left distorts the histogram.

4) Do the Raw files contain the equivalent of the EXIF data, so I can check which shots were taken with which settings? If it doesn’t have this I consider it a severe weakness. If it has it how do I view the parameters/data?

jim

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Bill Hilton
Jul 16, 2005
Jim Evans writes …

1) I can’t find a way to do the equivalent of the preview check box in the Raw utility.

‘Preview’ check box near the bottom-left corner.

2) I can’t find an equivalent to the history pallet.

I don’t think this exists (though I’m often wrong).

4) Do the Raw files contain the equivalent of the EXIF data, so I can check which shots were taken with which settings?

You can view this info in the File Browser (I assume you have CS).

Bill
JE
jim evans
Jul 16, 2005
On 16 Jul 2005 15:58:12 -0700, "Bill Hilton"
wrote:

1) I can’t find a way to do the equivalent of the preview check box in the Raw utility.

‘Preview’ check box near the bottom-left corner.

I’ve been looking at that screen for some time trying to find that and it was right in front of me. My inability to see things that are right in front of me frightens me..

4) Do the Raw files contain the equivalent of the EXIF data, so I can check which shots were taken with which settings?

You can view this info in the File Browser (I assume you have CS).

Thanks. I would never have figured that out as I don’t use the browser. I select images another way.

Well that answers 2 and probably 3 out ot four.

jim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections