BH
Posted By
Bill Hilton
Jul 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m a Photoshop user but have loaded E 3 to help a newbie friend come up to speed with image editing basics.

Is there a way to convert a file to a profile (ie, convert to a printer profile before shipping off to a lab with a LightJet)? In Photoshop this is easy but in Elements all I see is a choice between sRGB and AdobeRGB working spaces, with no option for converting to a device-specific space.

I read thru the Help files but didn’t see anything like this … anyone know if it’s in E 3?

Bill

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
RSD99
Jul 12, 2005
PSE 2 does *not* have the capabilities you need (use of profiles … either printer, scanner, or whatever), so I’m assuming that PSE 3 also doesn’t.

As an alternative, I would suggest using Picture Window Pro … which in addition to being a fully 16-bit program, *does* have these capabilities, and costs something like (only) $75.

http://www.dl-c.com/Temp/

"Bill Hilton" wrote in message
I’m a Photoshop user but have loaded E 3 to help a newbie friend come up to speed with image editing basics.

Is there a way to convert a file to a profile (ie, convert to a printer profile before shipping off to a lab with a LightJet)? In Photoshop this is easy but in Elements all I see is a choice between sRGB and AdobeRGB working spaces, with no option for converting to a device-specific space.

I read thru the Help files but didn’t see anything like this … anyone know if it’s in E 3?

Bill
BH
Bill Hilton
Jul 12, 2005
RSD99 writes …

PSE 2 does *not* have the capabilities you need (use of profiles … either printer, scanner, or whatever), so I’m assuming that PSE 3 also doesn’t.

E 3 does let you use ICM profiles when you print, at least for the Epson 2200 class printers. No soft proofing (that I can see) and apparently you can’t convert to a device specific profile but it will print to a profile.

As an alternative, I would suggest using Picture Window Pro

My friend has E 3, the price was right (bundled free with a film scanner) and he’s a beginner so I’m sure he won’t be switching just for this feature 🙂

Bill
OC
Oliver Costich
Jul 12, 2005
On 12 Jul 2005 07:31:32 -0700, "Bill Hilton"
wrote:

PSE3 does not have this capability. You can download a stand alone converter from http://www.drycreekphoto.com/tools/profile_converter/

Bill
BH
Bill Hilton
Jul 12, 2005
Oliver Costlich writes …

PSE3 does not have this capability. You can download a stand alone converter from http://www.drycreekphoto.com/tools/profile_converter/

Looks like a good solution. Thanks for the link!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections