OT <PING> Hecate – Are you and yours safe and well?

N
Posted By
noone
Jul 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just a quick, off-topic, post:

Here is hoping that you, and yours, are all safe and well. IIRC, you are in UK, but cannot recall if in the London area.

Most of the US feels the British pain, and are thoughts are with you.

Hunt

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Hecate
Jul 9, 2005
On 9 Jul 2005 01:33:40 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

Here is hoping that you, and yours, are all safe and well. IIRC, you are in UK, but cannot recall if in the London area.

Hunt

Thanks Hunt. We live in North East Hampshire. As it happens., my partner’s sister flew in from Madrid that day and was about an hour after the bombs had gone off traveling into London from the airport . Thankfully we don’t, as yet, know of anyone who was in the blasts. But we aren’t surprised – we’d been expecting it. And if the bastards think that we’re going to change anything about our lives because of what they’ve done, they’re sorely mistaken. But then, if they had a brain, they wouldn’t be doing this in the first place.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
K
Kingdom
Jul 10, 2005
Hecate wrote in
news::

Hunt

Thanks Hunt. We live in North East Hampshire. As it happens., my partner’s sister flew in from Madrid that day and was about an hour after the bombs had gone off traveling into London from the airport . Thankfully we don’t, as yet, know of anyone who was in the blasts. But we aren’t surprised – we’d been expecting it. And if the bastards think that we’re going to change anything about our lives because of what they’ve done, they’re sorely mistaken. But then, if they had a brain, they wouldn’t be doing this in the first place.

Hecate – The Real One

Hear hear. I’m in Scotland and although far from London our suympathies go out to all those families caught up in this cowardly mindless terror.

f=Ma well, nearly…
N
noone
Jul 10, 2005
In article ,
says…

[SNIP heartfelt comments]

Hecate – The Real One

I’m very glad to hear this news. We have checked in with all of our friends in London, and, so far, each averted this attack, if only by moments, or change in plans.

Regardless, sympahty to all and to their families.

Hunt
BP
Barry Pearson
Jul 11, 2005
Hecate wrote:
[snip]

Thanks Hunt. We live in North East Hampshire. As it happens., my partner’s sister flew in from Madrid that day and was about an hour after the bombs had gone off traveling into London from the airport . Thankfully we don’t, as yet, know of anyone who was in the blasts.

That’s good.

But we aren’t surprised – we’d been expecting it. And if the bastards think that we’re going to change anything about our lives because of what they’ve done, they’re sorely mistaken. But then, if they had a brain, they wouldn’t be doing this in the first place.

Perhaps many people outside the UK don’t realise that we have been suffering things like this for decades. I was a few hundred yards away when the IRA exploded bombs in two bars in Birmingham England in 1974. The IRA blew up many of my company’s offices in 1996. And perhaps a million people in the UK have been closer than that over the years, in many other incidents.

We’ve demonstrated that terrorists won’t win in the UK. But we have to ensure they won’t even damage our way of life.

Barry Pearson
http://www.Barry.Pearson.name/photography/
http://www.BirdsAndAnimals.info/
H
Hecate
Jul 12, 2005
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:03:12 GMT, "Barry Pearson" wrote:

Perhaps many people outside the UK don’t realise that we have been suffering things like this for decades. I was a few hundred yards away when the IRA exploded bombs in two bars in Birmingham England in 1974. The IRA blew up many of my company’s offices in 1996. And perhaps a million people in the UK have been closer than that over the years, in many other incidents.
We’ve demonstrated that terrorists won’t win in the UK. But we have to ensure they won’t even damage our way of life.

Yes, exactly, which is why I am against ID cards.

Hecate – The Real One

BP
Barry Pearson
Jul 12, 2005
Hecate wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:03:12 GMT, "Barry Pearson" wrote:
[snip]

Yes, exactly, which is why I am against ID cards.

Ditto.

Barry Pearson
http://www.Barry.Pearson.name/photography/
http://www.BirdsAndAnimals.info/

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections