I
Posted By
iul-not-
Jul 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any suggestions for panorama stitching software?
Free or inexpensive preferred, but whatever it takes to get a good and easy to use program.

Thanks, Olie

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
Hecate
Jul 6, 2005
On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 02:21:53 GMT, "U. Link"
wrote:

Free or inexpensive preferred, but whatever it takes to get a good and easy to use program.

Thanks, Olie
Yes. Read the thread above this one called "(small) problems with stitching panorama."

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
HL
Harry Limey
Jul 7, 2005
"U. Link" wrote in message
Free or inexpensive preferred, but whatever it takes to get a good and
easy
to use program.

They don’t come much more free and easier to use than Autostitch http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Set it at the optimum setting, and point it at a folder of overlapping pictures (it will stitch vertically or horizontally or both)

Harry
P
patrick
Jul 7, 2005
"Harry Limey" <harrylimey[@]lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
"U. Link" wrote in message
Free or inexpensive preferred, but whatever it takes to get a good and
easy
to use program.

They don’t come much more free and easier to use than Autostitch http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Set it at the optimum setting, and point it at a folder of overlapping pictures (it will stitch vertically or horizontally or both)
Harry
You’re right, Harry. The program does a terrific job of stitching. However, it does not allow you to access the individual frames *after* the panorama has been created.
For me, that is a fatal restriction.
I’ll surely pass it on to friends who will appreciate its simplicity and effectiveness.
Thanks for the lead!
.. . . . patrick
JW
Jason Warren
Jul 22, 2005
In article <gh8ze.6259$ says…
– snip –

You’re right, Harry. The program does a terrific job of stitching. However, it does not allow you to access the individual frames *after* the panorama has been created.
I’ll surely pass it on to friends who will appreciate its simplicity and effectiveness.
Thanks for the lead!
. . . . patrick

I have had very good results with Pixmaker from Pixaround.com. I don’t know if it addresses your concern, but it is inexpensive and does a very good stitching job – better than PS CS2.

Jason

reverse my name in email address
P
patrick
Jul 22, 2005
"Jason Warren" wrote in message
In article <gh8ze.6259$ says…
– snip –

You’re right, Harry. The program does a terrific job of stitching. However, it does not allow you to access the individual frames *after* the
panorama has been created.
Thanks for the lead!
. . . . patrick

I have had very good results with Pixmaker from Pixaround.com. I don’t know if it addresses your concern, but it is inexpensive and does a very good stitching job – better than PS CS2.

Jason

reverse my name in email address

Thanks, Jason! I’ll check it out.
So far I prefer to stitch manually as I enjoy the process and controlling the effort.
Using the Difference Blend Mode I can nudge the individual frames around with the Free Transorm tools for the best fit, then trace an irregular path down the darkest trail that is not confined to a straight line and can meander about over the points of absolute fit. Once I get a good fit, I work on the individual layers one at a time to complete the matching of tone. It’s very satisfying to see the mismatched levels, not just disappear, but evaporate.
And it does give one an increased respect for the programmer(s) who can anticipoate and cope with all the problems for a calculated and automatic result.
cu . . . . patrick

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections