Conrad
Jul 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Action question from friend:

"I am trying to write an action to automate the placing of the fil number on the photo. I have all of the action complete with regard t resizing etc, but I am running into a stone wall as to how to pull th file number onto a text layer. I want this to run in a batch operatio as I have several hundred photos to process."

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Conra

Conrad

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
edjh
Jul 5, 2005
Conrad wrote:
Hi,

"I am trying to write an action to automate the placing of the file number on the photo. I have all of the action complete with regard to resizing etc, but I am running into a stone wall as to how to pull the file number onto a text layer. I want this to run in a batch operation as I have several hundred photos to process."

TIA,

Conrad
Can’t be done with an action alone, but there is a javascript for this on the Adobe Exchange. Must have version 7 or above.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
JM
John McWilliams
Jul 6, 2005
Conrad wrote:
Hi,

"I am trying to write an action to automate the placing of the file number on the photo. I have all of the action complete with regard to resizing etc, but I am running into a stone wall as to how to pull the file number onto a text layer. I want this to run in a batch operation as I have several hundred photos to process."

Why, why, why?? Oh, ours is not to reason why, but to answer the question, tho I am curious blue.

Would utilizing the built in contact sheet do it? Or does he need the number embedded in the image …. for whatever reason I speculate mightily.

John McWilliams

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections