Status
Closed
i have a web design (on CS2) and alot of slices
i want to save the picture(on pic) of the site without delete the slices

how to do so?

BR
Yuval

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Jun 14, 2005
yuval wrote:

If you save the image as a jpeg or gif file, it will be saves as a single image that you can show on the web.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
Y
yuvalbra
Jun 14, 2005
I want one big picture (not 25 pices!!!!)

Moshe

"Mike Russell" …
yuval wrote:

If you save the image as a jpeg or gif file, it will be saves as a single image that you can show on the web.
T
Tacit
Jun 14, 2005
In article ,
"yuval" wrote:

Use File->Save As to save a JPEG or GIF. No slices.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
I
iehsmith
Jun 14, 2005
On 6/14/05 12:40 PM, moshe uttered:

I want one big picture (not 25 pices!!!!)

I believe the previous poster wass telling you to "Save As" Jpeg, NOT "Save for Web" as Jpeg. This saves the entire image without slices. You may want to open the new Jpeg to optimize more in Save for Web.

Alternatively; if your slices are perfect, already saved as slice images and you don’t need to make adjustments, additions, etc.; then just go to View/Clear Slices. *I wouldn’t do this unless I intended to start from scratch if there are changes to be made.*

Alternatively again; just click the top layer, select all and "Copy Merged", then paste into new document and save for web. This gives you a new working space where you can’t possibly mess up the original file.

Now, if all you have is slices and no master file…. Why?

inez
I
iehsmith
Jun 14, 2005
Ah shucks, Tacit, you beat me to it!

inez;)
T
Tacit
Jun 14, 2005
In article <BED45AFD.34C5A%>,
iehsmith wrote:

I believe the previous poster wass telling you to "Save As" Jpeg, NOT "Save for Web" as Jpeg. This saves the entire image without slices. You may want to open the new Jpeg to optimize more in Save for Web.

If you do this, the quality will be degraded even more.

JPEG uses "lossy" compression. Image quality is deliberately degraded to make the file smaller. This degradation is cumulative–if you open the image and save it again, the image quality is degraded more. You should definitely avoid re-saving as JPEG repeatedly.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
I
iehsmith
Jun 14, 2005
On 6/14/05 3:53 PM, Tacit uttered:

If you do this, the quality will be degraded even more.

JPEG uses "lossy" compression. Image quality is deliberately degraded to make the file smaller. This degradation is cumulative–if you open the image and save it again, the image quality is degraded more. You should definitely avoid re-saving as JPEG repeatedly.

Very true. I wish (using PS 6.0.1) that when you Save As Jpeg you got an optimization window as with Save for Web so you could visually decide how you want it to display.

Then again, if browsers would just support PNG-24….

inez
Y
yuval
Jun 15, 2005
Thanks for all of U.

i got a very good answers.

Thanks

Yuval

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections