CC
Posted By
Charles_Cihon
Jan 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying out CS and having a problem with Canon 10D Raw…I had no similar problems with PS7/ACR1 Plug-in. I can browse RAW files just fine, and usually open one image per session, but it seems when I select another image to open I get an hourglass and no ACR dialog. I am the forced to do a task manager force close of photoshop. Irritating. I’m running win2k sp3, dual pIII 500, 512 megs RAM, set 60% RAM allocated to Photoshop (same as I do under 7). I reaaly like the 16bit editing and highlight/shadow tool, but this won’t be functional if I hang up on every other raw image?
Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 20, 2004
Is there a question in there?

CS works just fine with my 10D files, and I’ve never seen it ACR hang.
CC
Charles_Cihon
Jan 21, 2004
After much trial and error, I have determined my problems relate to insufficient free space on my C: (system) drive, even though my temp directories and scratch disks/CS install are on other drives with much free space. It seems ACR2 writes a temp file to the C: drive regardless of other scratch settings, something ACR plugin from V7 must not have done, as I’ve never had the problem with the old version. I’m guessing I need to keep free at least as much space as the RAW file takes on disk, so for my 10D files that’s 5-7 megs. Anyone know if ACR2 could be redirected to write its tmp files somewhere else?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections