D
Posted By
dustindeck
Jun 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My sister got some proofs of her grad pictures, and across them the wrote in there, "Don’t Copy".

The text is sold, its just shaded different from the rest of the picture.

What kind of tool in Photoshop CS 1.3 do i use to fix this.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Jun 4, 2005
wrote:
My sister got some proofs of her grad pictures, and across them the wrote in there, "Don’t Copy".

You can’t. All you can do is copy other areas of the image to patch over the text. Look at the patch tool and clone stamp.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
CF
Craig Flory
Jun 4, 2005
You can’t … because they are copyrighted !
J
johnboy
Jun 4, 2005
wrote in message

Some people’s kids, I tell ya.
N
nomail
Jun 4, 2005
wrote:

And what do you think that means? If you like those pictures, buy them, don’t steal them.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
H
Hecate
Jun 4, 2005
On 3 Jun 2005 17:36:28 -0700, wrote:

And do you know why they say don’t copy? Because the photographer owns the copyright and copying it is illegal. SO you want to teach your daughter that theft is a good thing?

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
F
francois
Jun 5, 2005
You use the buy tool on the photographers website!
D
dustindeck
Jun 8, 2005
why don’t you guys go harp on somebody using P2P.

and maybe learn how to read, its my sister, not daughter.

you guys remind me i’ve those comercials before movies, saying please don’t download movies, cause i’ll loose my job!!!
CF
Craig Flory
Jun 8, 2005
We all alluded to it being your sister and nothing was said about a daughter. And you are right … it is exactly the same as the copyright notices at the beginning of movies. Both situations are against the law and a felony. Copyright infringement, on pro photos, carries a $10,000.00 fine under federal copyright laws. Just tell your sister to order from the photographer. He, or she, spent lots of time and money becoming a professional photographer and makes their living at it. Tell your sister to order from them or get arrested and pay a big fine.

Craig Flory … copyright team from PPA
K
KatWoman
Jun 8, 2005
well let’s see someone steal from you and you do nothing about it. Portrait shooters generally do not even charge for the sitting they make $ off the reprints.THAT IS WHY THE TEXT IS ON IT> DO NOT COPY> is what it says do not copy.
Even if you succeed in getting off the text you will still have a low quality result. If it’s a web image or scan of a small proof print even more so and your lack of skills in PS sure won’t make it good. cheapskate, tightwad, rip off artist.

wrote in message
why don’t you guys go harp on somebody using P2P.

and maybe learn how to read, its my sister, not daughter.
you guys remind me i’ve those comercials before movies, saying please don’t download movies, cause i’ll loose my job!!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections