Posted By
Hunibal
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using ( trying) Photoshop elements v3
Would like to learn the mystery of layers – but yet to fined a simple concise teaching if it.
Dose it have to be all that difficult, where learners like me are turned away?
Or – am I – too stupid – to grasp the concept?

Cheers _ Hunibal _

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

W
whizwhizwhizwhizwhiz
May 30, 2005
Thank of layers a clears sheets of plastic over a colored (usually white) sheet of paper or over another image. You create a layer and place something on it for example you have a nice beach picture to use as the back ground and you create a layer and place the cut out of a person on it. It now looks as if that person is on the beach. With Photoshop you can adjust the opacity (transparency) of the layer so that the person looks like a ghost on the beach, you can also adjust blending modes (the little drop down menu at the top of the layers palette, it defaults to normal). You can also rotate, skew, warp and do other things to the contents of the layer.

I don’t know if this helped, but that is basically what layers are all about. There are also layer masks, layer effects (drop shadows, bevels, etc.) as well as adjustment layers. These are either flavors of layers or an add-on to a layer. For more on these look them up in the online help in Elements 3.

"Hunibal" wrote in message
Would like to learn the mystery of layers – but yet to fined a simple concise teaching if it.

Cheers _ Hunibal _
H
Hunibal
May 30, 2005

Cheers _ Hunibal _
"Got Whiz? Cheese that is…"
wrote in message
Thank of layers a clears sheets of plastic over a colored (usually white) sheet of paper or over another image. You create a layer and place something on it for example you have a nice beach picture to use as the back ground and you create a layer and place the cut out of a person on it. It now looks as if that person is on the beach. With Photoshop you can adjust the opacity (transparency) of the layer so that the person looks like a ghost on the beach, you can also adjust blending modes (the little drop down menu at the top of the layers palette, it defaults to normal). You can also rotate, skew, warp and do other things to the contents of the layer.

I don’t know if this helped, but that is basically what layers are all about. There are also layer masks, layer effects (drop shadows, bevels, etc.) as well as adjustment layers. These are either flavors of layers or an add-on to a layer. For more on these look them up in the online help in Elements 3.

"Hunibal" wrote in message

Cheers _ Hunibal _

Thanx for your help – but it is – still – foggie to me. <smile>

A
Amateur
May 31, 2005
On Sun, 29 May 2005 20:30:05 -0400, "Hunibal" wrote:

Have a look at this tutorial and see if it helps. Once the light comes on I think you’ll grasp it pretty easily.

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/layers/intro.htm
H
Hunibal
May 31, 2005

Cheers _ Hunibal _
"Amateur" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 May 2005 20:30:05 -0400, "Hunibal" wrote:

Have a look at this tutorial and see if it helps. Once the light comes on I think you’ll grasp it pretty easily.

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/layers/intro.htm

Looks like what I need. Thanx

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections