WACOM ARTZ II Tablet Issue? or Hyperthreading Issue? or…

D
Posted By
debbiefreeman
Jan 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m not sure where this might be coming from. I have a WACOM ARTZ II tablet that has been stable and reliable for some years now (Yes, it is a bit dated but still in great shape). I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu to an ASUS P4P800 + Intel P4 (Hyperthreaded) 2.6 GHz and new RAM to take advantage of the 800MHz FSB. It flies, but there are a couple of glitches.

In particular, if I select several images in Windoz Explorer and open them all at once, Photoshop 7.0.1 displays an error dialog, "Tablet Version Mismatch", for several of but not all of the images. Then, in many but not all cases, Photoshop will hang. I have to terminate it from the Task Manager. I have reinstalled the tablet several times, and I have tried both of the latest driver versions from Wacom, but there has been no change in results at all.

I’ve read the forum posts on tablet issues and also the few that mention hyperthreading, but I do not find anything exactly "on point". Does this set of issues sound familiar to anyone? Has anyone encountered this error under any other set of facts that might help establish either tablet of photoshop software, or eventhe CPU?

Thanks in advance!
DF

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 17, 2004
That isn’t a Photoshop error. So it must be coming from the tablet driver or the OS.

No, I haven’t heard of that error before.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections