CM
Posted By
cadman_meg
Jan 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I scan negatives in using a Minolta Scan Dual III and was trying to calibrate color so that all matches. When going through the color settings I notice that under "working spaces/RGB" it list my scanner. Should I select this? Ultimately I want what I see on screen to match my scanner and Photoshop. Any and all suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 17, 2004
That shouldn’t be your working space, but you should assign that profile to your scanned images and then convert them to your working space.
CM
cadman_meg
Jan 17, 2004
Could you explain that a little more. Not to sound like an idiot, but I am just now trying to get a better understanding of all this. Would really appreciate it. Thanks.
wrote in message
That shouldn’t be your working space, but you should assign that profile
to your scanned images and then convert them to your working space.
GH
Gary_Hummell
Jan 17, 2004
When you assign a profile to the scanner image, you are basicaly adding the information about the unique way that your particular scanner interprets color. When you bring the image with a profile into a color managed application like PS, you will use the "Convert to Profile" dialog to convert the image information to perhaps Adobe RGB or CMYK or sRGB depending on your output needs. If you are not going to press, RBG is probably the most widely used.

There are profiles for printers as well and your standard working space like RGB can be converted to profile for the performance of a certain printer. A great overview is:
<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm>

Gary

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections