Posted By
Christian Westphalen
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Photoshop supports the out-of standard CMYK-JPEG format and depending on the version of PS it´s often rendered in third-party-applications as a negative. I recommend to use EPS JPG-coded, but what i really would like to know:
How can i decide, if i have to render the JPEG positive or negative? Is it a decision based on the creator or is there another tag that i could use for the decision?

Thanks in advance,

Christian Westphalen

www.christian-westphalen.de

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Tacit
May 25, 2005
In article <d71nmo$km2$>,
Christian Westphalen wrote:

Photoshop supports the out-of standard CMYK-JPEG format and depending on the version of PS it
CW
Christian Westphalen
May 25, 2005
Tacit wrote:

Photoshop supports the out-of standard CMYK-JPEG format and depending on the version of PS it´s often rendered in third-party-applications as a negative. I recommend to use EPS JPG-coded,…

Why? If you’re using EPS files, odds are good your intentions are to take them to press. Why bother with lossy compression that degrades image quality? Anyone who’s doing professional print production in this day and age should be able to handle uncompressed files; hard drives and RAM are cheap, cheap, cheap.

It´s a question of bandwith, there are still some places where DSL is not available and it´s "good enough" f.e. for newspaper print.

Christian

www.christian-westphalen.de
O
Odysseus
May 25, 2005
In article ,
Tacit wrote:

Photoshop supports the out-of standard CMYK-JPEG format and depending on the version of PS it´s often rendered in third-party-applications as a negative. I recommend to use EPS JPG-coded,…

Why? If you’re using EPS files, odds are good your intentions are to take them to press. Why bother with lossy compression that degrades image quality? Anyone who’s doing professional print production in this day and age should be able to handle uncompressed files; hard drives and RAM are cheap, cheap, cheap.

Moreover JPEG-encoded EPSFs may not separate properly from certain applications (e.g. QuarkXPress) or on certain RIPs. Uncompressed files are much more portable IME.

Odysseus
T
Tacit
May 25, 2005
In article <d721k9$rbs$>,

It

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections