Replies
Status
Closed
hello
my nikon d1x camera makes the photos at 300ppp
but at the browser info it says 240ppp,
wy this mistake??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LC
Larry CdeBaca
Feb 27, 2004
May not be a "mistake," Bouffard. What do you have the camera set to? jpg, tif, fine, etc?
Which Browser? No Windows XP or Nikonview. And "ppp"? Never heard of that measurement.
ppi, yes.

Nikousa.com : Total image quality – 23.7 x 15.6mm 5.3 Effective Megapixel CCD for 4,024 x 1,324-pixel images (output at 3,008 x 1,960 pixels and at 2,000 x 1,312 pixels)

"RBB" wrote in message
hello
wy this mistake??

R
RBB
Feb 27, 2004
sorry, i was meaning ppi, my photo in nikon capture, when open, in resulution it says 300ppi, also in nikon view, also in photoshop at the file info, but at the file properties in the php browser it says 240 (resolution)
so i dont understand that diference
regards
richard

Which Browser? No Windows XP or Nikonview. And "ppp"? Never heard of that measurement.
ppi, yes.

Nikousa.com : Total image quality – 23.7 x 15.6mm 5.3 Effective Megapixel CCD for 4,024 x 1,324-pixel images (output at 3,008 x 1,960
pixels
and at 2,000 x 1,312 pixels)

"RBB" wrote in message
hello
wy this mistake??

M
Martye
Feb 27, 2004
I have a Nikon D1x as well and file browser correctly reports the image resolution as 300. In the camera, what image settings are you using? The above were taken with images setting at JPG (8 bit) Fine

Martye

"RBB" wrote in message : sorry, i was meaning ppi, my photo in nikon capture, when open, : in resulution it says 300ppi, also in nikon view, also in photoshop at the : file info, but at the file properties in the php browser it says 240 : (resolution)
: so i dont understand that diference
: regards
: richard
:
ML
Mike Latondresse
Feb 27, 2004
"Martye" wrote in
news:ATN%b.23732$:

I have a Nikon D1x as well and file browser correctly reports the image resolution as 300. In the camera, what image settings are you using? The above were taken with images setting at JPG (8 bit) Fine

Martye

"RBB" wrote in message
news:c1o6u2$jrn$
: sorry, i was meaning ppi, my photo in nikon capture, when open, : in resulution it says 300ppi, also in nikon view, also in : photoshop at
the
: file info, but at the file properties in the php browser it says : 240 (resolution)
:

Don’t worry about these numbers they are just fillers, you will set the ppi you want on output from PS when you are ready to print.
R
RBB
Feb 28, 2004
i always shoot in raw mode, nef files i mean,
if you try that maybe you get also that 240 info.
i think the program is mistaken

"RBB" wrote in message
: sorry, i was meaning ppi, my photo in nikon capture, when open, : in resulution it says 300ppi, also in nikon view, also in photoshop at the : file info, but at the file properties in the php browser it says 240 : (resolution)
:

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections