B
Posted By
Bobby77501
Feb 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m looking for a piece of software that is capable of producing very professional slide shows. I would like to be able to have music playing in the background, have it fade in and fade out, and not necessarily have the music tied to a specific slide or to the entire slide show. I’d also like to be able to have voice-overs. What I have in mind is still photography of "events" with the ability to add sound files of various types. I’m also looking for the sound software which is capable of recording in (at least) stereo. Dolby surround sound would be even better. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

ML
Mike Latondresse
Feb 27, 2004
"***Jamoke***" wrote in
news:Yzw%b.3245$:

I’m looking for a piece of software that is capable of producing very professional slide shows. I would like to be able to have music playing in the background, have it fade in and fade out, and not necessarily have the music tied to a specific slide or to the entire slide show. I’d also like to be able to have voice-overs. What I have in mind is still photography of "events" with the ability to add sound files of various types. I’m also looking for the sound software which is capable of recording in (at least) stereo. Dolby surround sound would be even better. Any suggestions?
I had the same problem and looked at a raft of slide to CD/DVD alternatives, all of which had something or other that bugged me. I finally I found that I had one included with my Roxio CD burner that was as good as all the other packages plus had all kinds of flexibility….whoda thunk.
B
Bobby77501
Feb 27, 2004
How can I get a copy of this software? Thanks………..

"Mike Latondresse" wrote in message
"***Jamoke***" wrote in
news:Yzw%b.3245$:

I had the same problem and looked at a raft of slide to CD/DVD alternatives, all of which had something or other that bugged me. I finally I found that I had one included with my Roxio CD burner that was as good as all the other packages plus had all kinds of flexibility….whoda thunk.
S
Stephan
Feb 27, 2004
"***Jamoke***" wrote in message
You go to a store selling software or you go to www.roxio.com and visit their store.
There are also pirated copies available but this group will not help you with that!

Stephan
SO
Steve Osborn
Feb 27, 2004
I’m using Sony Screenblast movie studio. My daughter uses it for making dvd’s, but I’ve used it for slideshows. You can add audio music tracks, add transitions between pictures. All in a very user friendly interface. It does all you could want to do for creating a slick slideshow.

I’m looking for a piece of software that is capable of producing very professional slide shows. I would like to be able to have music playing
in
the background, have it fade in and fade out, and not necessarily have the music tied to a specific slide or to the entire slide show. I’d also like to be able to have voice-overs. What I have in mind is still photography
of
"events" with the ability to add sound files of various types. I’m also looking for the sound software which is capable of recording in (at least) stereo. Dolby surround sound would be even better. Any suggestions?
MR
Michael Riddle
Feb 27, 2004
I’ve been using a program called SmoothShow. The features I like about it are:

– You can use layered Photoshop files, They are only linked to the program so you can edit them after loading them in the show.

– I t will play MP3’s and sync the show to them if you would like. By that I mean that if you put in a 3 minute clip and lets say 30 slides, it will adjust the display time of each slide so that the music ends during the 30th slide.

– A very large number of transitions between slides are available including fades and wipes

– As long as the resolution of the file is as large or larger than the monitor or projector your are using, it will resize to fit the screen

– After you have your show together it can "package" the show on a CD, including the player which handles all the transitions and audio. It can change the Photoshop files to jpg for the final show and put them on a CD. The player program runs directly from the CD and does not require installation.

Their web address is www.smoothshow.com, and a free trial version is available.

Hope this helps,

Mike

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:55:18 -0500, "***Jamoke***" wrote:

G
Gummo
Feb 27, 2004
Fotoangelo in the ACDSee Powerpack 5.0 is very good.

Gummo

"Michael Riddle" wrote in message

– You can use layered Photoshop files, They are only linked to the program so you can edit them after loading them in the show.
– I t will play MP3’s and sync the show to them if you would like. By that I mean that if you put in a 3 minute clip and lets say 30 slides, it will adjust the display time of each slide so that the music ends during the 30th slide.

– A very large number of transitions between slides are available including fades and wipes

– As long as the resolution of the file is as large or larger than the monitor or projector your are using, it will resize to fit the screen
– After you have your show together it can "package" the show on a CD, including the player which handles all the transitions and audio. It can change the Photoshop files to jpg for the final show and put them on a CD. The player program runs directly from the CD and does not require installation.

Hope this helps,

Mike

I’m looking for a piece of software that is capable of producing very professional slide shows. I would like to be able to have music playing
in
the background, have it fade in and fade out, and not necessarily have
the
music tied to a specific slide or to the entire slide show. I’d also
to be able to have voice-overs. What I have in mind is still photography
of
"events" with the ability to add sound files of various types. I’m also looking for the sound software which is capable of recording in (at
least)
stereo. Dolby surround sound would be even better. Any suggestions?
B
Bobby77501
Feb 27, 2004
Thanks very much……..

"Michael Riddle" wrote in message

Hope this helps,

Mike

in
the background, have it fade in and fade out, and not necessarily have
the
music tied to a specific slide or to the entire slide show. I’d also
to be able to have voice-overs. What I have in mind is still photography
of
"events" with the ability to add sound files of various types. I’m also looking for the sound software which is capable of recording in (at
least)
stereo. Dolby surround sound would be even better. Any suggestions?
ML
Mike Latondresse
Feb 27, 2004
"***Jamoke***" wrote in news:Cjx%b.3360$PY.3344 @lakeread05:

If you google "photo to DVD" or like combinations you will get lotsa hits, many of which will let you download a demo copy for evaluation.
DM
Darian Muresan
Mar 7, 2004
You can also try Visere from

www.dmmd.net

Best,
darian_at_dmmd_dot_net

in
the background, have it fade in and fade out, and not necessarily have the music tied to a specific slide or to the entire slide show. I’d also like to be able to have voice-overs. What I have in mind is still photography
of
"events" with the ability to add sound files of various types. I’m also looking for the sound software which is capable of recording in (at least) stereo. Dolby surround sound would be even better. Any suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections