Posted By
dave milbut
Jun 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Try resetting your prefs chris

Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 1:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

maybe also run some disk maint. scandisk, defrag.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CN
Chris Nicotra
Jul 10, 2003
The reset didn’t have any affect, but after a couple weeks of the issue happening, I appears to only happen when I am plugged into the corporate LAN. Not sure why that would have any impact since I am loading file from my local disk.

/Chris
CN
Chris Nicotra
Jul 10, 2003
Also, I am loading really small files (500 to 1024 bytes) when the problem happens. Can happen on larger ones as well.

/Chris
BL
Bill Lamp
Jul 10, 2003
NOT a network tech. (Can plug the cable into the wall is about my level of skill) However, as it only happens when your connected to the LAN, something in the networking software OR hidden network activity would seem to be the most likely cause.

Bill
DM
dave milbut
Jul 10, 2003
check this out… scroll down for a fix for some xp slowness problems on a network:

<http://briansbuzz.com/w/030710/>
GH
Grass Hopper
Jul 11, 2003
Chris,

are the files stored on the network drive when you are attempting to open them? It has been noted on this forum a number of times that you should *not* work with files on a network drive, but to copy it to a local drive, edit, save and copy back to the network drive.

hth,
grasshopper
TO
Tommy_Oberst
May 11, 2004
Okay, I go to get into Photoshop and it will load fine, but when it is "Reading Brushes…" it will stop responding. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thx!
DM
Don_McCahill
May 11, 2004
First, delete preferences (the FAQ says how). If that doesn’t work, try a reinstall.
L
LenHewitt
May 11, 2004
Have you tried deleting your preference file? Details in the FAQ at the top of this forum’s Topic List
JM
jay_mill
Apr 11, 2007
I have a similar spec Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop and I am having the exact same problem! I just bought CS2 and its not exactly cheap so I am finding this ‘not responding’ message quite frustrating to say the least! any help would be fantastic.
BM
barbara_maloney
Apr 11, 2007
I have attempted to download Adobe Creative Suite CS2 – it states it is going to download Photoshop – but it calls for another security code – would having an older version 6.0 Photoshop cause a conflict? I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no luck – sometimes it states that I have to uninstall Adobe InDesign CS2, but the system does not show that it is still there – any suggestions would be greatly apprecitated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections