Posted By
noone
May 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hecate (or whomever),

A while back, there were some recommendations for Win-based type/font managers. I thought I had saved the article(s), but did not. Since ATM has been killed (after Adobe bought out FontMinder, and killed it), I’m looking around for something better than ATM 4.x Deluxe. You had one, or more, that you really liked. Do you mind refreshing my feeble memory?

Hunt

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

H
Hecate
May 19, 2005
On 19 May 2005 04:03:46 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

Hecate (or whomever),

A while back, there were some recommendations for Win-based type/font managers. I thought I had saved the article(s), but did not. Since ATM has been killed (after Adobe bought out FontMinder, and killed it), I’m looking around for something better than ATM 4.x Deluxe. You had one, or more, that you really liked. Do you mind refreshing my feeble memory?
Hunt
Hi, Yes. I always loathed ATM anyway – took a million clicks to get anything done and as for the interface, can you say "clunky"? I used to use Bitstream Font Navigator, but it’s now discontinued. I tried Typograf for a while, but the format was way too clunky. So I went looking at Extensis (who had bought Bitstream) and found Font Reserve. I’ve been using it for a few months now and I have to say it’s wonderful. Easy to use. Does the job well and has neat little features like being able to temporarily load fonts which then disappear as soon as you turn the computer off, or leaving certain fonts loaded permanently. There’s even a server version. Give it a try, I think you’ll like it.

Standalone:

http://www.extensis.com/en/products/product_family.jsp?local e=en_US&id=1009

Server:

http://www.extensis.com/en/products/product_family.jsp?local e=en_US&id=1010

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
N
noone
May 20, 2005
In article ,
says…

Hecate (or whomever),

Hunt
Hi, Yes. I always loathed ATM anyway – took a million clicks to get anything done and as for the interface, can you say "clunky"? I used to use Bitstream Font Navigator, but it’s now discontinued. I tried Typograf for a while, but the format was way too clunky. So I went looking at Extensis (who had bought Bitstream) and found Font Reserve. I’ve been using it for a few months now and I have to say it’s wonderful. Easy to use. Does the job well and has neat little features like being able to temporarily load fonts which then disappear as soon as you turn the computer off, or leaving certain fonts loaded permanently. There’s even a server version. Give it a try, I think you’ll like it.

Standalone:

Server:

Hecate – The Real One

Thank you. I didn’t even realiz(s)e that Extensis did a font manager. I’ve a ton of their PS plug-ins, but had not followed them. I’ll run out and get a copy. I’ve also got BS Font Navigator from WordPerfect, but it lacked quite a bit, especially compared to the older FontMinder – RIP. Also. Apologies to the group for a mostly non-PS specific article.

Hunt
C
Clyde
May 20, 2005
Hecate wrote:

Hecate (or whomever),

Hunt

Standalone:

Server:

Hecate – The Real One

I’ll vote for FontReserve too. I started using it on Mac and got a copy for Windows. It is a lot better on the Mac, but works well on Windows. You mostly get extras on the Mac.

I use FontReserve to organize and turn fonts on and off. The Windows version isn’t real smooth for viewing fonts though. I use Font Navigator that came with CorelDRAW for viewing. The two make a great combination.

FontReserve used to be owned by DiamondSoft. Extensis bought them out. Since Extensis has always had Suitcase, there has been speculation that Extensis would be merging and or killing one of them. This hasn’t happened yet.

Maybe merging them would be a bit hard. The fans of each have been rather strong and outspoken about their preferences for one over the other. You might check out Suitcase too.

Clyde

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections