Posted By
filippo
May 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Are the channels common to all layers?
How can I link a channel just to a specific layer?
grazie in advance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
nomail
May 5, 2005
filippo wrote:

Yes

You can’t. Use a layer mask instead of a channel.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
T
Tacit
May 5, 2005
In article <t1nee.1334223$>,
"filippo" wrote:

The color channels are, of course. f your file is RGB, then every pixel on every layer has a red value, a green value, and a blue value.

Alpha channels and spot channels are not associated with any layer.

You can’t. If you can explain what it is you are trying to accomplish, though, maybe we can help.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
F
filippo
May 5, 2005

You can’t. If you can explain what it is you are trying to accomplish, though, maybe we can help.

I would like to link a channel to a specific layer so that I could apply the filter offset to the channels linked to the selected layer
A
arrooke
May 5, 2005
"filippo" wrote in message

I would like to link a channel to a specific layer so that I could apply
the
filter offset to the channels linked to the selected layer
Try deselecting all the layers but the one you want to apply the filter to by making them invisible. Then select the channel you want and offset it. Then activate the rest of the layers again. I haven’t tried it, but it might work.
MA
Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
May 5, 2005
filippo wrote:
grazie in advance

Hi!

I tried all what I can to ask people in Adobe provide that feature which solves once and for all the problems of spot channels. so the answer is NO. Adobe forget about that and they will bring it to us in their new Photoshop 3D.

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
Senior Graphic Designer
B
bogus
May 6, 2005
I don’t know if this will help but….

If you named your channel go to Select>Load Channel..

Choose you channel in the window that opens

Now when you apply a filter it will only affect the part of the image that is included in the selection made from the channel.

filippo wrote:

I would like to link a channel to a specific layer so that I could apply the filter offset to the channels linked to the selected layer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections