Nov 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK I need some help. I want to create and action that

1) Opens a file
2) Crunches the image size to what I want
3) Saves the image as a JPEG and doesn’t always pop up with a window about JPEG options. And no the checkbox for overiding save as commands doesn’t work

Steps 1 and 2 I can do but I can’t get the images to save in a different folder and not have the JPEG options window pop up asking me for quality

Thanks for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

F
frank
Nov 15, 2003
Do you use save as or just save? try also using the save for web command (Shift-ctrl-alt-S)
Greetimngs,
Frank

"Chet" wrote in message

1) Opens a file
3) Saves the image as a JPEG and doesn’t always pop up with a window about JPEG options. And no the checkbox for overiding save as commands doesn’t work

Steps 1 and 2 I can do but I can’t get the images to save in a different folder and not have the JPEG options window pop up asking me for quality

Thanks for your help.
TT
Tom Thackrey
Nov 15, 2003
On 15-Nov-2003, (Chet) wrote:

1) Opens a file

create the action that does the open, image size and save as. use file/automate/batch and check the override save as options and override open options. Choose the appropriate source and destination options.

Tom Thackrey
www.creative-light.com
tom (at) creative (dash) light (dot) com
do NOT send email to (it’s reserved for spammers)
T
thunderchunky10
Nov 15, 2003
I’ve tried both Save As and Save For Web but the problem still remains and the dialogs are turned off in the Actions palette.

"frank" …
Do you use save as or just save? try also using the save for web command (Shift-ctrl-alt-S)
Greetimngs,
Frank

"Chet" wrote in message

1) Opens a file

Thanks for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections