W
Posted By
Wes
Apr 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Got a pretty simple question. I’ve seen pictures in the past on websites where users have taken a picture and have that one picture in all different shades of the same color and am curious how I would do that in Photoshop.

For instance if I have a picture and I want that picture to be different shades a blue.

Thank you in advance,
new_photoshop_user

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jjs
Apr 29, 2005
Wes" wrote in message
Got a pretty simple question. I’ve seen pictures in the past on websites where users have taken a picture and have that one picture in all different shades of the same color and am curious how I would do that in Photoshop.

Wes, look into Image – Mode – Duotone (or monotone, duotone, tritone, quadtone). You have to turn it into a greyscale first.
K
KatWoman
Apr 29, 2005
new adjustment layer> Hues and Saturation>move slider for Hue, use colorize box checked.

"jjs" wrote in message
Wes" wrote in message

Wes, look into Image – Mode – Duotone (or monotone, duotone, tritone, quadtone). You have to turn it into a greyscale first.

LI
Lorem Ipsum
Apr 29, 2005
"KatWoman" wrote in message
new adjustment layer> Hues and Saturation>move slider for Hue, use colorize box checked.

That’s a direct and simple way, but gives no immediate control of the individual color curves. Duo (tri, etc) works better.
K
KatWoman
Apr 29, 2005
umm if it’s ALL blue why would I need to adjust the other colors? I would also use levels to up the contrast a bit, color photo to BW usually gives a flat look

"Lorem Ipsum" wrote in message
"KatWoman" wrote in message

That’s a direct and simple way, but gives no immediate control of the individual color curves. Duo (tri, etc) works better.

T
Tacit
Apr 30, 2005
In article ,
"Wes" wrote:

Easiest thing in the world.

Pick the color using the color picker. Then, Edit->Fill, and in the Fill dialog, choose Foreground color, Mode: Color.

You can also use the "Colorize" checkbox in the Image->Adjust->Hue and Saturation dialog.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections