J
Posted By
Jerry
Apr 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m ordering a computer with this video card and I’d like to run PS with two monitors, one for the image and the other for tools, etc.

Both monitors will be LCDs. Can I connect two of them to this card? One could be digital and the other analog?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jerry

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DH
David Haley
Apr 29, 2005
This day of Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:13:03 GMT, Jerry saw fit to scribe:

I’m ordering a computer with this video card and I’d like to run PS with two monitors, one for the image and the other for tools, etc.
Both monitors will be LCDs. Can I connect two of them to this card? One could be digital and the other analog?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

If one output is the normal monitor and the other is DVI, you’ll need to buy a DVI to VGA adapter but beyond that yes you can hook them both up to the card. And as far as I know, one could be analog, the other digital, whatever you want. At work we have them set up as horizontal spans, but they could also be in dual view mode which easily supports different monitors. (It doesn’t work so well in span mode IMO to have monitors of different size/shape/resolution/etc.)

~david-haley

(no unmunging necessary)
—————————

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections