B
Posted By
balfour
Feb 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image that I’ve created that I want to shrink down and put on a business card and some of my company invoices. The image I have is much larger than what I need it to be, and when I try to resize the image, it gets really blurry and doesn’t look good at all.

How do I shrink this down to smaller sizes to fit the things I need without making it blurry, etc.?

thanks for the help

TB
remove NOSPAM to reply via email

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LC
Larry CdeBaca
Feb 26, 2004
Go to Help in PS, search for
"Changing image size and resolution"
Image|Image Size — adjust Resolution (ex: original @ 300, set new resolution to 600);
make sure the ‘Constrain’ and ‘Resample’ checkboxes are checked; use Bicubic for the resample.
And for Pete’s sake, read the manual. Or at least say,
"I found the on-line help and manual hard to follow," because even newbie second class PSers like myself try to help ourselves first.

No, I’m not trying to heap abuse on you,
I’m trying to help you and others learn to help themselves. Otherwise, you’ll never have the experience to return the favor and help some other poor photo editor.

"T.B." wrote in message
I have an image that I’ve created that I want to shrink down and put on a business card and some of my company invoices. The image I have is much larger than what I need it to be, and when I try to resize the image, it gets really blurry and doesn’t look good at all.

How do I shrink this down to smaller sizes to fit the things I need
without
making it blurry, etc.?

thanks for the help

TB

B
balfour
Feb 26, 2004
larry-
I appreciate your post, and the fact that you did try and answer my question. However, I don’t really appreciate your assumption that I don’t know my ass from a hole in the ground. Your suggestion below is exactly what I’ve been trying (and I didn’t need to RTM to figure it out) and it isn’t working. Everytime I resize the image, no matter if those boxes are checked or not, or what the resolution is; the image gets too blurry to even read it. When I adjust the resolution to more pixels/inch, it just makes the image larger. I just want to get the image down to the size that it is on my business cards. I know that Kinko’s did it with the disk i gave them, and now I want to do it on my own.

That is why I turned to the groups. Because the basic image resizing/resolution changes don’t seem to be working. Dig? Other Suggestions please…

TB
"Larry CdeBaca" wrote in message
Image|Image Size — adjust Resolution (ex: original @ 300, set new resolution to 600);
make sure the ‘Constrain’ and ‘Resample’ checkboxes are checked; use Bicubic for the resample.
"I found the on-line help and manual hard to follow," because even newbie second class PSers like myself try to help ourselves first.
I’m trying to help you and others learn to help themselves. Otherwise, you’ll never have the experience to return the favor and help some other poor photo editor.

"T.B." wrote in message
I have an image that I’ve created that I want to shrink down and put on
a
business card and some of my company invoices. The image I have is much larger than what I need it to be, and when I try to resize the image, it gets really blurry and doesn’t look good at all.

without
making it blurry, etc.?

thanks for the help

TB

DD
Duncan Donald
Feb 26, 2004
The problem, TB is that you really didn’t RTFM did you? Get your head out of your ass long enough to see the dull images are not really cause by sunglasses and you might get a clue.
Try using the bounding boxes to drag the thing down to size with the image pasted on a new layer. It works for the other 20 million PS users, why not an agro ass like you?
Douglas

"T.B." wrote in message
larry-
I appreciate your post, and the fact that you did try and answer my question. However, I don’t really appreciate your assumption that I don’t know my ass from a hole in the ground. Your suggestion below is exactly what I’ve been trying (and I didn’t need to RTM to figure it out) and it isn’t working. Everytime I resize the image, no matter if those boxes are checked or not, or what the resolution is; the image gets too blurry to
even
read it. When I adjust the resolution to more pixels/inch, it just makes the image larger. I just want to get the image down to the size that it
is
on my business cards. I know that Kinko’s did it with the disk i gave
them,
and now I want to do it on my own.

That is why I turned to the groups. Because the basic image resizing/resolution changes don’t seem to be working. Dig? Other Suggestions please…

TB
"Larry CdeBaca" wrote in message
"I found the on-line help and manual hard to follow," because even
second class PSers like myself try to help ourselves first.

"T.B." wrote in message
I have an image that I’ve created that I want to shrink down and put
on
a
business card and some of my company invoices. The image I have is
much
larger than what I need it to be, and when I try to resize the image,
it
gets really blurry and doesn’t look good at all.

without
making it blurry, etc.?

thanks for the help

TB

J
john
Feb 26, 2004
In article , "T.B."
wrote:

larry-
I appreciate your post, and the fact that you did try and answer my question. However, I don’t really appreciate your assumption that I don’t know my ass from a hole in the ground. […]

Mr. Balfour, it is entirely possible that your image is not susceptible to the drastic reduction you wish to achieve. Some images survive drastic destructive resampling, some things do not. It is a matter of legibility, recognition qualities of the image. Very small images such as portraits sometimes need special treatment to make them more legible, for example well modeled light.

You might experiment with dithering and half-tone, patterns…. or post the picture to a web server so perhaps Larry can demonstrate his expertise in PS. Or not.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections