D
Posted By
dave
Feb 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a photograph which I would like to make look like a photo in a newspaper, so I need a (easy to follow!) way to simulate the ‘dotty’ effect that newspaper images have.

Is there an easy way to achieve this?

Dave.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WO
Wizard of Draws
Feb 26, 2004
On 2/25/04 8:09 PM, in article c1jgvi$1isv6t$,
"dave" wrote:

I have a photograph which I would like to make look like a photo in a newspaper, so I need a (easy to follow!) way to simulate the ‘dotty’ effect that newspaper images have.

Dave.

Use the Halftone filter.

Jeff ‘The Wizard of Draws’ Bucchino
Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
www.wizardofdraws.com
www.cartoonclipart.com
JC
James Connell
Feb 26, 2004
dave wrote:

Dave.

take a look at this:
http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAssetDetailSubmit.asp?aID=77 31
LC
Larry CdeBaca
Feb 26, 2004
Filter|Sketch|Halftone pattern…
[caution: removes all color, simuplating newspaper]

"dave" wrote in message
I have a photograph which I would like to make look like a photo in a newspaper, so I need a (easy to follow!) way to simulate the ‘dotty’
effect
that newspaper images have.

Dave.

R
Rick
Feb 26, 2004
"James Connell" wrote in message
dave wrote:
Dave.

take a look at this:
http://share.studio.adobe.com/axAssetDetailSubmit.asp?aID=77 31

Hi, I have downloaded the program to
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Photoshop Actions as instructed.
It next says "load the action in photoshop" How do I do this & use the program? TIA

Dave Croft
Warrington
England
JC
James Connell
Feb 26, 2004
Dave Croft wrote:

Hi, I have downloaded the program to
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Photoshop Actions as instructed.
It next says "load the action in photoshop" How do I do this & use the program? TIA

Dave Croft
Warrington
England

in the actions pallet in the upper right corner is a small ‘arrow’ pointing to the right. click that, a menu will open, select "load actions", find the file in the browse dialog that opens and load it. bingo.
D
dave
Feb 27, 2004
"dave" wrote in message
I have a photograph which I would like to make look like a photo in a newspaper, so I need a (easy to follow!) way to simulate the ‘dotty’
effect
that newspaper images have.

Dave.

Thanks to everyone for the tips.

Dave.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections