BH
Posted By
Bill Hilton
Apr 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This site compares 10 monitor profiling packages, tested on seven different monitors (CRT and LCD). Interesting stuff if you’re looking for a new device (as I am) or wondering where your current solution ranks.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/color_management/cm_08/essay.htm l

Bill

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AJ
Alan Justice
Apr 14, 2005
A useful page. But I would like to warn folks about the other part of Colorvision’s SpyderPro 2: PrintFix for callibrating printers. I got the whole suite and found I couldn’t use it: PrintFix does not support borderless printing, which is all I do. Furtunately, B&H gave me my money back. I spent lots of time with Colorvision tech support (and lots of time just trying to contact them, often unsuccesfully). They finally admitted they new of the problem and are "working on it", but would not say when it would be fixed.

– Alan Justice

"Bill Hilton" wrote in message
This site compares 10 monitor profiling packages, tested on seven different monitors (CRT and LCD). Interesting stuff if you’re looking for a new device (as I am) or wondering where your current solution ranks.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/color_management/cm_08/essay.htm l
Bill
MR
Mike Russell
Apr 22, 2005
Alan Justice wrote:
A useful page. But I would like to warn folks about the other part of Colorvision’s SpyderPro 2: PrintFix for callibrating printers. I got the whole suite and found I couldn’t use it: PrintFix does not support borderless printing, which is all I do. Furtunately, B&H gave me my money back. I spent lots of time with Colorvision tech support (and lots of time just trying to contact them, often unsuccesfully). They finally admitted they new of the problem and are "working on it", but would not say when it would be fixed.

My thanks to Billl as well for a useful link. I’ve been getting questions about this, and this is a link I can point people to.

I’m curious, though, why borderless prints are an issue. It seems to me that you couold print with borders to do the calibration, then use the resulting profile for any format or size print you wanted. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
AJ
Alan Justice
Apr 25, 2005
The problem is that the program requires selecting "enhanced matte" paper from the menu. Of course, you can use whatever type of paper you want, creating a different profile for each one. But the enhanced matte setting does not allow you to select borderless printing.

– Alan Justice

"Mike Russell" wrote in message
Alan Justice wrote:

My thanks to Billl as well for a useful link. I’ve been getting questions about this, and this is a link I can point people to.

I’m curious, though, why borderless prints are an issue. It seems to me that you couold print with borders to do the calibration, then use the resulting profile for any format or size print you wanted. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections