How to achieve an "interlaced" TV style?

M
Posted By
magrego
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

what do I have to do to achieve an "interlaced" TV style of a picture. I also want to let the picture fade out into the backround by letting the pixels vanish gradually (but you should realize the pixels as "pixels" that means they are seperated from each other – i.d. foregroundpixel, backgroundpixel, attenuated foregroundpixel, backgroundpixel, more attenuated foregroundpixel, backgroundpixel, etc.). Sorry for my clumsy discription. Anybody got a clue? Thanks in advance,

Martin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

QO
Queen of Denial
Feb 18, 2004
so you are wanting to make an animation then?
"haptic" wrote in message
Hi all,

what do I have to do to achieve an "interlaced" TV style of a picture. I also want to let the picture fade out into the backround by letting the pixels vanish gradually (but you should realize the pixels as "pixels" that means they are seperated from each other – i.d. foregroundpixel, backgroundpixel, attenuated foregroundpixel, backgroundpixel, more attenuated foregroundpixel, backgroundpixel, etc.). Sorry for my clumsy discription. Anybody got a clue? Thanks in advance,

Martin
M
mscir
Feb 18, 2004
haptic wrote:

For just simulating the scan lines, here’s a free filter that does a decent job:

http://www.richardrosenman.com/

click menu choices: Software > Photoshop
scroll down to: This filter will create those hard to produce scanlines on your image to simulate a monitor.
T
toby
Feb 19, 2004
(haptic) wrote in message news:…
Hi all,

You can get a convincing old B&W TV effect with pronounced scanlines using my Filter Foundry plugin and the "bwtv.afs" settings file provided with it:
http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/#filterfoundry

Toby

Martin

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections