HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

M
Posted By
marcsanders2003
Mar 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with the error message:

Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.

There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn’t have a definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My Pictures" had an illegal character.

Any help would be appreciated.

– Marc

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
CWCunningham
Mar 25, 2005
"Program files" and "My Pictures" have one thing in common … the space. When installing, just install to somewhere besides the default … IE: C:\psp7 and this problem should disappear.

CWC
============================
It’s not that nice guys finish last,
They have a whole different notion
where the finish line is.
============================

wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for | about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with | the error message:
|
| Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character. |
| There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn’t have a | definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My | Pictures" had an illegal character.
|
| Any help would be appreciated.
|
| – Marc
|
H
Henry
Mar 25, 2005
wrote:

Hello,

When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with the error message:

I think you need to learn about USENET and crossposting first.

You’ve crossposted to several groups that have absolutely nothing to do with Paint Shop Pro.

Do you have to demonstrate some sort of stupidity level before Google will let you use their services ?
S
Steve
Mar 25, 2005
wrote in message
Hello,

There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn’t have a definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My Pictures" had an illegal character.

– Marc

Try accessing the psp newsgroups at: cnews.corel.com . That is where the psp newsgroups moved to and someone there can probably help.
BH
Bill Hilton
Mar 25, 2005
When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with the error message

You are lucky it stops before actually loading. Unfortunately for me I was able to load a trial copy. Then PSP wouldn’t open any of my 16 bit files so I had to use a real editor and convert them to 8 bits first. Then it stripped off any ICC profiles I had tagged files with except for sRGB. Then I deleted it from my system and all was well again.
H
Hecate
Mar 26, 2005
On 25 Mar 2005 08:00:27 -0800, wrote:

Hello,

I suspect that it’s due to the fact that you can’t read, which is also why you posted in a Photoshop newsgroup.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
U
Uni
Mar 26, 2005
wrote:

Hello,

Sounds like an identity theft problem to me.

🙂

Uni
ND
not.deliverable+usenet02
Mar 28, 2005
On 25 Mar 2005 08:00:27 -0800, in several off-topic newsgroups, wrote:
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,
comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,
comp.graphics.apps.gimp,
rec.photo.digital
Subject: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.
[snip]

And this has precisely *what* to do with Photoshop? Or Lightwave? Or The GIMP? Or digital photography in general?

Some of the remedial Usenet 101 lessons you quite obviously so desperately need can be had at (in no particular order):

<http://www.ibiblio.org/usenet-i/usenet-help.html> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet>
<http://www.softdevlabs.com/Usenet101.html>
<http://www.newsville.com/news/usenet.faq.html>
< ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.groups/NEW_USERS _PLEASE_READ_[news.groups]> < ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.groups/How_to_fi nd_the_right_place_to_post_%28FAQ%29>
< ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.groups/Usenet_In fo_Center_FAQ> <http://vancouver-webpages.com/nnq/>
< http://www.its.caltech.edu/its/services/internetapps/news/ne ws1.shtml> <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/emily-postnews/part1/>

HTH. HAND. RTFM. FOAD.

Jay T. Blocksom
——————————–
Appropriate Technology, Inc.
usenet02[at]appropriate-tech.net

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
— Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759. – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – Unsolicited advertising sent to this domain is expressly prohibited under 47 USC S227 and State Law. Violators are subject to prosecution.
M
marcsanders2003
Apr 22, 2005
I just wanted to apologize to everyone for causing such a MASSIVE amount of difficulty by sending my post to 5 groups. It was really all Mr. GOOGLE’S fault! I didn’t know that I needed a PhD in Usenetology in order to ask a simple question! I thought that you just enter a question and people would answer it. How naieve I was back then!

Furthermore, the cross-posting is ALSO the fault of Mr Google, because he allows 5 groups to be cross-posted to. Little did I realize the HORRORS that this caused the poor group members, who have had to waste
1.5 seconds deleting each message from their mailboxes! Maybe we can
arrange reparations payments for the horrible difficulties that I have caused them.

I appreciate the work that you have done in presenting me a bibliography of summer reading about Usenetology. However, as has been established by several members of these groups, I am a lazy, retarded loser who doesn’t even know how to read! So how on earth am I supposed to read articles written at MIT.EDU?

My problem with reading about the Usenet is that I fall asleep after reading each paragraph. As much as I heroically have tried to read all of those Usenet posts, I simply can not stay awake through themn all. So I ask you, would it be possible for you, or someone else to write the following in 50 words or less: What the Usenet is, why cross-posting is bad, and what else I should know about the Usenet.

I’ll pick up the 500 pages of details later. I promise.

Thank you.

PS: What are HTH, HAND, RTFM, FOAD? Or is that only for the initiated to know?
C
Chief
Apr 25, 2005
wrote in news:1114195884.856955.11710
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I just wanted to apologize to everyone for causing such a MASSIVE amount of difficulty by sending my post to 5 groups. It was really all Mr. GOOGLE’S fault! I didn’t know that I needed a PhD in Usenetology in order to ask a simple question! I thought that you just enter a question and people would answer it. How naieve I was back then!
Furthermore, the cross-posting is ALSO the fault of Mr Google, because he allows 5 groups to be cross-posted to. Little did I realize the HORRORS that this caused the poor group members, who have had to waste
1.5 seconds deleting each message from their mailboxes! Maybe we can
arrange reparations payments for the horrible difficulties that I have caused them.

I appreciate the work that you have done in presenting me a bibliography of summer reading about Usenetology. However, as has been established by several members of these groups, I am a lazy, retarded loser who doesn’t even know how to read! So how on earth am I supposed to read articles written at MIT.EDU?

My problem with reading about the Usenet is that I fall asleep after reading each paragraph. As much as I heroically have tried to read all of those Usenet posts, I simply can not stay awake through themn all. So I ask you, would it be possible for you, or someone else to write the following in 50 words or less: What the Usenet is, why cross-posting is bad, and what else I should know about the Usenet.
I’ll pick up the 500 pages of details later. I promise.
Thank you.

PS: What are HTH, HAND, RTFM, FOAD? Or is that only for the initiated to know?

Trust me. You really don’t need, or in some cases, want to know. Near as I can tell all initials are emotional responses some good some bad. They convey no useful information. HAND is Have A Nice Day. FOAD is F–k off and die.

So you can ignore the initials for the most part without missing much.

Isn’t it a pleasure to be a net novice? The welcome party is always so helpful and tolerant these days. Thank God, no one has figured out a way to shoot live ammo over the internet – yet.

See you in the funnies.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections