B
Posted By
BuddyB
Feb 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having mixed results with resizing a logo. The orginal is done in CorelDRAW 11 at 4"X3" inches; it’s twocolor with some fill blending. I save that as an eps file; bring it in to PS; copy it, opening a new window, copying and saving as a .PSD. This works fine, the logo is sharp as a razor and I’m able apply the PS changes I want to make. I’m totally happy with this.

When I reduce the logo in Corel, say to 3, 2 and 1 inches I begin to lose some of the smoothness that is present in Corel when I save the reduced logos and bring them into PS the way I did the first one.

Is there a technique that can be applied when reducing in PS to maintain the integrity of the file? Any help, or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, BuddyB

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jrzyguy
Feb 8, 2004
have you tried exporting as a jpg or whatever from corel? thats what i do…unfortunately even if export as a PNG i still get a background….but at least you will get a nice clean jpg, png, wmf or whatever file you need.

hope that helps….use export…rather than save when you are in corelDraw jj
"BuddyB" wrote in message
I’m having mixed results with resizing a logo. The orginal is done in CorelDRAW 11 at 4"X3" inches; it’s twocolor with some fill blending. I
save
that as an eps file; bring it in to PS; copy it, opening a new window, copying and saving as a .PSD. This works fine, the logo is sharp as a
razor
and I’m able apply the PS changes I want to make. I’m totally happy with this.

When I reduce the logo in Corel, say to 3, 2 and 1 inches I begin to lose some of the smoothness that is present in Corel when I save the reduced logos and bring them into PS the way I did the first one.
Is there a technique that can be applied when reducing in PS to maintain
the
integrity of the file? Any help, or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks, BuddyB

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections