MB
Posted By
Mark Bolton
Nov 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi clever gang…basic question Im sure, but could anyone help me with scratch disk settings? I am scanning 35mm slides with resultant files being about 55mb. I keep the scratch usage on in the box at the bottom, and my scratch size is 350MB (even though I have allocated a huge 20GB parttion for PS). Just one crop, and a fiddle with levels, seems to use up the 350mb, and I get a ‘scratch disc error’ message come up on screen. I have 80% put aside in my preferences for PS. At the moment, the primary scratch disc is set as the huge partition, but no secondary/third etc are set aside….How do I set the scratch disc a higher amount of memory? cheers, Mark

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
edjh
Nov 15, 2003
Mark Bolton wrote:
Hi clever gang…basic question Im sure, but could anyone help me with scratch disk settings? I am scanning 35mm slides with resultant files being about 55mb. I keep the scratch usage on in the box at the bottom, and my scratch size is 350MB (even though I have allocated a huge 20GB parttion for PS). Just one crop, and a fiddle with levels, seems to use up the 350mb, and I get a ‘scratch disc error’ message come up on screen. I have 80% put aside in my preferences for PS. At the moment, the primary scratch disc is set as the huge partition, but no secondary/third etc are set aside….How do I set the scratch disc a higher amount of memory? cheers, Mark

Version, platform, etc.?

Is that partition empty and unfragmented?

I have heard it said that no more than 75% should be set as RAM usage for Photoshop in Windows.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
B
bhilton665
Nov 15, 2003

I have heard it said that no more than 75% should be set as RAM usage for Photoshop in Windows.

I’ve been running at 86% on Win XP for both CS and V7, but I have 2 GB and 1.5 GB RAM on my two computers, so that still leaves plenty for the OS etc. If you have less RAM then you’d need a smaller % to have the same amount left for non-Photoshop stuff. FWIW … haven’t crashed in a long while.

Bill

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections