T
Posted By
toyboy
Mar 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PShop CS/ Mac OSX 10.3.7 While I am relatively new to both CS and Mac (bought them both last fall) I do have 10+ years experience with Pshop.

Two files with similar, but not exactly the same dimensions. Color depth/mode the same. One is a Tif file, the other is PSD. I have 30 tif files that I want to bring into the PSD as layers.

I know I should be able to hold the Shift Key down while dragging the layer over and have it automatically center itself in the new canvas area. But what is happening is that the right corner of each layer goes to the center, meaning the image is "resting" in the upper left corner. This happens for all layers UNLESS I do a Select All in the PSD.

That appears for now to be the workaround, but it is annoying me that this is happening. It has never done this before with earlier versions of Pshop on my Windows machines. And according to Adobe and other people on another forum, should not be happening here either. But it is.

I have repaired permissions, I have tried this as two different users, my shift keys work fine in other circumstances. Some have offered there is a conflict with a program called Entourage (I don’t have it) or if I had a Network server as an icon in my Dock (I don’t).

But it is obvious that it must be something wrong with either what I’m doing, or have installed, or a conflict of some sort. I just have no idea what it could be or how to troubleshoot this. Photoshop is otherwise working pretty much just fine. I’m open to hearing other suggestions/possibilities.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections