Photoshop CS color incosistencies AGAIN…

AW
Posted By
Allen_W
Jan 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using "US Prepress Defaults" for my CS color settings (I was advised this color setting is best). I’m using RGB PSD files with my current ICC profiles assigned. When I "save for web" (JPG HIGH), some of my JPG’s turn out slightly faded or inconsistent in color! I still get this problem on some JPG’s even if I check include ICC profile with the JPG save. Is this a color management bug in CS? I’ve never experienced such color problems back in 7. Please help!

BTW: I’m pretty tempted to turn off color management in CS at this point (I think my $400 Mitsubishi DP920 has pretty accurate color). Maybe that would solve these CS color inconsistent problems. :\

Also BTW: I’ve gotten color inconsistencies when using print screen to take snapshots. Wasn’t a problem back in 7. :\

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 11, 2004
Why are you using prepress defaults for web images?

Bob
AW
Allen_W
Jan 11, 2004
I do work for print. I do work for web. I do work for print and send samples over the web. I’ve never experienced on-screen color changes in my files until CS.

Or what color management setting should I use for CS?
IL
Ian_Lyons
Jan 11, 2004
Allen,

Use Convert to Profile from the Image>Mode menu and convert the images to sRGB. Then use Save for the Web (no need to embed the profile). This should help reduce colour inconsistencies between Photoshop and outside of Photoshop.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections