D
Posted By
Dezdan
Jan 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PS7, there was a tab for PS when I would right-click and view an images properties in Windows Explorer. One of the items on this tab was the ability to have the images icon be a preview of the image. I personally loved this option as Windows preview were much larger then needed and took up to ‘visual’ much space.

After recently installing PSCS I noticed that my image icons had reverted back to their Windows equivalent and that they were associated with PS at all. After changing file association to PS I right-clicked an image and to my dismay the PS tab was no longer there! Is there anyway to have my image icons be a preview of the image without viewing a folder in ‘Thumbnail’ view? And is there a way to recover the PS tab when I view an image properties, or has this option been written out of PSCS?

Thanks,
~Dan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 11, 2004
if you keep an older copy of ps installed you’ll get the icons and the tab. the dll that handled that (psicon.dll) was removed due to many users having problems with file locking.
H
Ho
Jan 11, 2004
The right-click properties tab is gone, or, at least, no one has figured out as of yet how to put it back. And yes, Adobe killed it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections