N
Posted By
netsurfer802
Mar 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi I am currently working on a logo for a website and was wondering how to change only one color of the logo to a different, grayer color.

Is there a way to change this one color which is in different places on the logo to a gray that matches the background of the website…all with one or a few steps?… Would definitely like to know if this feature exists.

Thanks,

MC

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
harrylimey
Mar 5, 2005
wrote in message
Hi I am currently working on a logo for a website and was wondering how to change only one color of the logo to a different, grayer color.
Is there a way to change this one color which is in different places on the logo to a gray that matches the background of the website…all with one or a few steps?… Would definitely like to know if this feature exists.

I posted this in response to an earlier request!! should work for you

Image/adjust/replace colour – you get a replace colour dialogue box with a monochrome view of your image – as you click on the part of the image you want to change the monochrome picture changes to indicate which parts are selected – to add more colours to the selection hold down ‘shift’ as you click (or alt to subtract). when you have selected all you need, change the colour by adjusting the three sliders in the box.
or
Select/colour range – as before you add (and subtract) colours by using the shift or alt key but this time you end up with a selection whereby you can change the colour
There are numerous other selection methods.

Harry
N
neon
Mar 6, 2005
wrote:

Thanks,

MC
RTFM
N
netsurfer802
Mar 9, 2005
Thanks, what a process…but this helps!

Harry Limey wrote:
wrote in message
Hi I am currently working on a logo for a website and was wondering
how
to change only one color of the logo to a different, grayer color.
Is there a way to change this one color which is in different
places on
the logo to a gray that matches the background of the website…all with one or a few steps?… Would definitely like to know if this feature exists.

I posted this in response to an earlier request!! should work for you
Image/adjust/replace colour – you get a replace colour dialogue box
with a
monochrome view of your image – as you click on the part of the image
you
want to change the monochrome picture changes to indicate which parts
are
selected – to add more colours to the selection hold down ‘shift’ as
you
click (or alt to subtract). when you have selected all you need,
change the
colour by adjusting the three sliders in the box.
or
Select/colour range – as before you add (and subtract) colours by
using the
shift or alt key but this time you end up with a selection whereby
you can
change the colour
There are numerous other selection methods.

Harry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections