Posted By
Thorsten Hofmann
Mar 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

the serial number labels on the CD package of my just recently purchased CS are somewhat damaged. It looks like there was a sticker above them which was removed and a part of the SN labels went off too. Since there is just one digit really missing I was able to reconstruct the SN by brute force 😉

The box of the CS and all CDs were sealed properly so I would assume that the damage happened during fabrication. I’d like to share that experience with Adobe and looked for a support email address on adobe.com. No success. Since I’d like to send them a scanned image of the back side of my CD package I just need an email address. I found several support telephone numbers for technical and installation support etc. Since Ii do not live inside the USA I would prefer reporting my problem via email.

Can anybody help me?
Thorsten

Suche: Streuli für Mamiya Sekor C 90/3,8

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NE
no_email
Mar 5, 2005
On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:25:09 +0100, Thorsten Hofmann
wrote:

Hi,

the serial number labels on the CD package of my just recently purchased CS are somewhat damaged. It looks like there was a sticker above them which was removed and a part of the SN labels went off too. Since there is just one digit really missing I was able to reconstruct the SN by brute force 😉

The box of the CS and all CDs were sealed properly so I would assume that the damage happened during fabrication. I’d like to share that experience with Adobe and looked for a support email address on adobe.com. No success. Since I’d like to send them a scanned image of the back side of my CD package I just need an email address. I found several support telephone numbers for technical and installation support etc. Since Ii do not live inside the USA I would prefer reporting my problem via email.

Can anybody help me?
Thorsten

Suche: Streuli f
H
Hecate
Mar 6, 2005
On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:25:09 +0100, Thorsten Hofmann
wrote:

Hi,

Can anybody help me?
Thorsten

If you go to Adobe.com you’ll find they have various sites round the world. My local one is adobe.co.uk. Just find the one relevant to your country. Either find it on the .com site or type adobe plus your country code into Google.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
TH
Thorsten Hofmann
Mar 7, 2005
Hecate wrote:

If you go to Adobe.com you’ll find they have various sites round the world. My local one is adobe.co.uk. Just find the one relevant to your country. Either find it on the .com site or type adobe plus your country code into Google.

You’re both right. My problem is: I just find a telephone number but what I want is an email address. This is due to my personal convenience and due to the simple fact that I am not willing to stay a couple of minutes in the cueue of Adobe’s call center via an international call. Since I use the U.S. version of the Creative Suite the European support team doesn’t feel responsible 😉

Thorsten

H
Hecate
Mar 8, 2005
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:16:38 +0100, Thorsten Hofmann
wrote:

Hecate wrote:

You’re both right. My problem is: I just find a telephone number but what I want is an email address. This is due to my personal convenience and due to the simple fact that I am not willing to stay a couple of minutes in the cueue of Adobe’s call center via an international call. Since I use the U.S. version of the Creative Suite the European support team doesn’t feel responsible 😉
If you’re using US Photoshop, then mail US support.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
TH
Thorsten Hofmann
Mar 8, 2005
Hecate wrote:

If you’re using US Photoshop, then mail US support.

Sorry for my insistency, but that’s exactly what I want to do. Problem: I found no US support email address. Just a telephone number which I do not like to call and a general "contact us" email address. When I write to the general address I get an automated reply that tells me I should call my local support since I am a non-US customer. As you can see I am in a viciuos circle.

Thorsten

R
Ron
Mar 8, 2005
Thorsten:

I doubt that Adobe cares. I would go on their website and file a bug report and perhaps that will get the message through to someone. I’m having a technical problem that I cannot do anything about, and am getting no response from user groups or the company and am determined not to spend money on their technical support option. (the product is still under warranty).

Basically, they provide very poor customer service options. I would also contact your retailer and perhaps they can send something up the chain. You’re better than they deserve.

Thorsten Hofmann wrote:

Hi,

Can anybody help me?
Thorsten

J
jjs
Mar 9, 2005
"Ron" wrote in message

I doubt that Adobe cares. I would go on their website and file a bug report and perhaps that will get the message through to someone. I’m having a technical problem that I cannot do anything about, and am getting no response from user groups

Try us again on that problem. I missed it if it came in earlier.
R
Ron
Mar 9, 2005
I have a copy of 3.0 on my laptop for travel. Running XP home (same as on my other personal systems). About once a month I get an error message when loading telling me that I have a registration error and need to reinstall. There are some instructions on the Adobe site for folks with Mac systems, but I cannot translate that into anything I can do on mine. For some reason whatever code is put on the system saying the program has been properly installed just disappears. I put 2.0 on the system as a backup and that sometimes worked, though a few days ago I got the same message for that. It feels to me like Adobe thinks I have not signed on to my system as its true
administrator and so it is therefore only permitting the program to be used a couple of times. Beats me. I’ve been using the laptop for four years without a hitch.

Whatever the case I can always carry around a backup disc for reloading. It’s a pain but it beats paying Adobe to help me.The program is under warranty and I object to not having free help for a short period of time. When I called customer service the person I spoke to was extremely rude and simply punched me over to tech support, where they wanted a credit card number.

Maybe I am missing something in terms of support, and if so I apologize.

jjs wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message

I doubt that Adobe cares. I would go on their website and file a bug report and perhaps that will get the message through to someone. I’m having a technical problem that I cannot do anything about, and am getting no response from user groups

Try us again on that problem. I missed it if it came in earlier.
J
jjs
Mar 9, 2005
"Ron" wrote in message
I have a copy of 3.0 on my laptop for travel. Running XP home (same as on my other personal systems). About once a month I get an error message when loading telling me that I have a registration error and need to reinstall.

Next time it pops up, please write down the full and exact message you receive. How are you connected to the ‘net when it happens (for example, at home and later on a corporate LAN?) How long was PS/CS open when it happened? Hours? Or does it happen right away? Finally, does it happen when you are _not_ connected to the network?

There are some instructions on the Adobe site for folks with Mac systems, but I cannot translate that into anything I can do on mine. For some reason whatever code is put on the system saying the program has been properly installed just disappears. I put 2.0 on the system as a backup and that sometimes worked, though a few days ago I got the same message for that.

It may have nothing to do with Photoshop in particular, but with a licensing deamon, a spazed registry, anything. The exact message text would be helpful.

Whatever the case I can always carry around a backup disc for reloading.

Yes, that’s a completely unacceptable work-around.

[…] When I called customer service the person I spoke to was extremely rude and simply punched me over to tech support, where they wanted a credit card number.

Record the conversation if you can, get names and report to Adobe in full. Adobe doesn’t want butt-heads working for them, either.

MORE questions – did you have a trial version of any Adobe products installed before you got the licensed version? And what other Adobe products do you have installed? Do those products have licenses?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections