J
Posted By
Joel
Mar 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using OLE via vbscrip (actually VFP) Can I run a batch or apply a levels image ajustment (Ctrl+L in Photoshop CS or
Image/Ajustment/Levels… in the Menu)

I cannot find or figure out which command it is from the .pdf about vbscripts.

I want to apply the right dropper ("Set white point") to my graphic. I also created a batch to do this, so running the batch is also good.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MR
Mike Russell
Mar 1, 2005
Joel wrote:
Using OLE via vbscrip (actually VFP) Can I run a batch or apply a levels image ajustment (Ctrl+L in Photoshop CS or
Image/Ajustment/Levels… in the Menu)

I cannot find or figure out which command it is from the .pdf about vbscripts.

I want to apply the right dropper ("Set white point") to my graphic. I also created a batch to do this, so running the batch is also good.

Hi Joel,

Download the Photoshop scripting SDK from the Adobe site and look at the examples. It’s free.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
P
Photo-cs
Mar 2, 2005
Hi Joel,

Very very interesting project !!!
If you create some .js image/ajustment/Levels script

can you post it?

Thank you by advance !
J
Joel
Mar 2, 2005
What I did in VFP which I would have done the same in VB is that I created a batch in Photoshop the normal, user-interactive way. This batch was saved under "Default Actions.atn" and called the action "Set White Point". (The photoshop vb script examples under "Execute Action" is the key.)

Then I used the command from VFP: AP.DoAction("Set White Point", "Default Actions.atn")

In VB it would be: appRef.DoAction "Set White Point", "Default Actions.atn"

In js, from Photoshop’s examples, it appears it would be: doAction("Set White Point", "Default Actions.atn");

The only thing I’m having trouble with is saving from VFP. If I run the Activedocument.save, it brings up a dialog box which I cannot yet seem to bypass. The defaults are fine with me so I have no problem bypassing this.
If I try to run Activedocument.saveas, I cannot figure out how to load and send the jpeg options within VFP. The examples show loading New Photoshop.jpgoptions, but I cannot find these properties. Is there anyway to turn off Dialog boxes so that they can run thier defaults?
S
saswss
Mar 3, 2005
There’s Photoshop scripting forum at the Adobe web site.

Warren S. Sarle SAS Institute Inc. The opinions expressed here SAS Campus Drive are mine and not necessarily
(919) 677-8000 Cary, NC 27513, USA those of SAS Institute.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections