Posted By
noone
Feb 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In article <cvj1ig$lg7$ says…
I came across the attached photo on the web but cannot remeber the exact location. I would love to know how it was done and whether photoshop alone is capable of producing this kind of effect or was another program used for the purpose….

begin 666 copper_and_flesh_s.jpg
[SNIP]

First, as this is not a binary NG, it would be appropriate to place the image on a Web site, and furnish a URL to it.

Second, yes. With probably, Find Edges, Emboss, then colorization, I think it can all be done in PS. I also think that all the tools are included in PS, and that third-party plug-ins are not necessary, though they might speed some of the aspects.

Hunt

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
JD
Feb 24, 2005
On 23-Feb-05 17:46, Hunt wrote:

I came across the attached photo on the web but cannot remeber the exact location. I would love to know how it was done and whether photoshop alone is capable of producing this kind of effect or was another program used for the purpose….

[SNIP]

First, as this is not a binary NG, it would be appropriate to place the image on a Web site, and furnish a URL to it.

Second, yes. With probably, Find Edges, Emboss, then colorization, I think it can all be done in PS. I also think that all the tools are included in PS, and that third-party plug-ins are not necessary, though they might speed some of the aspects.

Hunt

Please elaborate on "colorization".

JD..
M
Michael
Feb 24, 2005
Dear Hunt,

I can see you are right about putting the photo on a site and furnishing a link to it. Apologies and will bear this in mind in the future. In the meantime, I really would like to learn a little more on how I could attemp a similar thing. I am using photoshop CS. The description you gave is a bit thin yet I di try to follow it but got nowhere near replicating this effect. Can you direct me to prehaps some other links that might be helpful or perhaps you can elaborate with a little more detail.

Many thanks,

Michael

"Hunt" wrote in message
I came across the attached photo on the web but cannot remeber the exact location. I would love to know how it was done and whether photoshop
alone
is capable of producing this kind of effect or was another program used
for
the purpose….

[SNIP]

First, as this is not a binary NG, it would be appropriate to place the
on a Web site, and furnish a URL to it.

Second, yes. With probably, Find Edges, Emboss, then colorization, I think
it
can all be done in PS. I also think that all the tools are included in PS,
and
that third-party plug-ins are not necessary, though they might speed some
of
the aspects.

Hunt
T
Tacit
Feb 25, 2005
In <cvj1ig$lg7$> Michael wrote:
I came across the attached photo on the web but cannot remeber the exact location. I would love to know how it was done and whether photoshop alone is capable of producing this kind of effect…

Yes, Photoshop can do that alone, it’s not difficult at all.

Stwep 1: Select the person.

Step 2: Find Edges.

Step 3: Emboss.

Step 4: Colorize, using Hue/Saturation with the Colorze option, or Edit-
Fill in Color mode.
N
noone
Mar 9, 2005
In article ,
com says…
I came across the attached photo on the web but cannot remeber the exact location. I would love to know how it was done and whether photoshop alone is capable of producing this kind of effect…

Fill in Color mode.

Tacit,

Thanks for helping out here. I’ve been off hiking for a few weeks, and just got back to the laptop.

To JD & Michael, sorry that I did not do a followup here, but Tacit spelled it out nicely. Hope that the reply was what you wanted. Again, sorry for leaving you hanging. Maybe I’ll take along the laptop and a cellular-link next time.

Hunt
H
Hecate
Mar 9, 2005
On 9 Mar 2005 19:34:50 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

Thanks for helping out here. I’ve been off hiking for a few weeks, and just got back to the laptop.
Hope you got some good pictures 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
J
JD
Mar 9, 2005
On 09-Mar-05 13:34, Hunt wrote:
In article ,
com says…

Fill in Color mode.

Tacit,

To JD & Michael, sorry that I did not do a followup here, but Tacit spelled it out nicely. Hope that the reply was what you wanted. Again, sorry for leaving you hanging. Maybe I’ll take along the laptop and a cellular-link next time.
Hunt

Hunt..

I’m kind of new to PS7 and the only part I didn’t understand is how to "Colorize, using Hue/Saturation with the Colorze option, or Edit-Fill in Color mode".

Care to elaborate?

JD..
N
noone
Mar 11, 2005
In article ,
says…

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Not THAT many. I did some panos, that I’m working on, but, as this was the first true vacation for my wife in too many years, we did as much golf and dining in the PM, as we did serious hiking. While I took 3 2GB cards, plus a handful of 1GB’s, I didn’t even fill up the first 2GB 🙁 I think we shot her little Canon more! BUT, it was a wonderful vacation 🙂

Now it’s back to work, so I’ll fill up those other 2GB cards in no time!!!!!

Hunt
N
noone
Mar 11, 2005
In article <X4MXd.119394$>,
says…
In article ,

com says…

Fill in Color mode.

Tacit,

To JD & Michael, sorry that I did not do a followup here, but Tacit spelled
it
out nicely. Hope that the reply was what you wanted. Again, sorry for
leaving
you hanging. Maybe I’ll take along the laptop and a cellular-link next
time.
Hunt

Hunt..

I’m kind of new to PS7 and the only part I didn’t understand is how to "Colorize, using Hue/Saturation with the Colorze option, or Edit-Fill in Color mode".

Care to elaborate?

JD

JD,

In this case, I meant that the copper color could be achieved via the " colorization" of the resultant image. With PS Emboss, you end up with a greyscale image, though it is still in RGB. If you then go to Hue/Sat/ Brightness, you should be able to achieve a similar color. Another way would be to fill the image (or a new Layer above your image) with a copper color. You might get the best results by choosing one of the Pantone (Custom Colors), and then play with the Layer Opacity. I did not mean to use the PS Colorize function, hence the lower-case "c." If I am still talking in circles, let me know and I will step through the process in PS, noting the exact steps that I use. I have saved the two images, and will gladly FTP a PDF of the image to you with annotations. I’ve found that many e-mail servers choke on PDF’s large enough to give much detail. Just let me know if I can help. I’ll also play around with the image, just to make sure that what I think was done, is, in fact how it was done. Trouble with PS (actually NOT trouble), is that you can do so much, so many different ways.

Hunt
H
Hecate
Mar 12, 2005
On 11 Mar 2005 01:45:24 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

In article ,
says…

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Not THAT many. I did some panos, that I’m working on, but, as this was the first true vacation for my wife in too many years, we did as much golf and dining in the PM, as we did serious hiking. While I took 3 2GB cards, plus a handful of 1GB’s, I didn’t even fill up the first 2GB 🙁 I think we shot her little Canon more! BUT, it was a wonderful vacation 🙂

LOL! My partner is always bitchin’ that she never signed up as a photographer’s assistant and "holiday, what holiday?" I guess we shall have to do the same thing sometime 😉

Now it’s back to work, so I’ll fill up those other 2GB cards in no time!!!!!
But it’s more fun when it’s personal work 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
J
JD
Mar 13, 2005
On 10-Mar-05 19:53, Hunt wrote:
In article <X4MXd.119394$>,
says…

In article ,

com says…

Fill in Color mode.

Tacit,

To JD & Michael, sorry that I did not do a followup here, but Tacit spelled

it

out nicely. Hope that the reply was what you wanted. Again, sorry for

leaving

you hanging. Maybe I’ll take along the laptop and a cellular-link next

time.

Hunt

Hunt..

Care to elaborate?

JD

JD,

In this case, I meant that the copper color could be achieved via the " colorization" of the resultant image. With PS Emboss, you end up with a greyscale image, though it is still in RGB. If you then go to Hue/Sat/ Brightness, you should be able to achieve a similar color. Another way would be to fill the image (or a new Layer above your image) with a copper color. You might get the best results by choosing one of the Pantone (Custom Colors), and then play with the Layer Opacity. I did not mean to use the PS Colorize function, hence the lower-case "c." If I am still talking in circles, let me know and I will step through the process in PS, noting the exact steps that I use. I have saved the two images, and will gladly FTP a PDF of the image to you with annotations. I’ve found that many e-mail servers choke on PDF’s large enough to give much detail. Just let me know if I can help. I’ll also play around with the image, just to make sure that what I think was done, is, in fact how it was done. Trouble with PS (actually NOT trouble), is that you can do so much, so many different ways.

Hunt

Hunt..

You’ve given me enough ideas to make it work. Thanks!

JD..

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections