B
Posted By
Benny
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have access to an A2 printer, and I want to make posters of large numbers of pictures. I use PS 5.5
I have thought of creating a new blank picture A2 size, then opening the pictures I want to include, and copying them into the large one. Is there a better way to lay out 100 or more pictures- nothing fancy required- or is this the way to go?

Benny

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EG
Eric Gill
Nov 7, 2003
"Benny" wrote in
news:boetnt$qnc$:

I have access to an A2 printer, and I want to make posters of large numbers of pictures. I use PS 5.5
I have thought of creating a new blank picture A2 size, then opening the pictures I want to include, and copying them into the large one. Is there a better way to lay out 100 or more pictures-

Yes. Use Quark Xpress or InDesign.

For one thing, it will be mucho faster because you won’t have to work with a document a hundred or more meg in size. Second, importing pics into a frame is a vastly superior way of cropping/scaling them when you don’t need compositing or soft edges.

nothing fancy required- or is this the way to go?

Unless you mean something different, no.
T
tacitr
Nov 7, 2003
Is there a
better way to lay out 100 or more pictures- nothing fancy required- or is this the way to go?

I’d use a page-layout application for that–though doing it in Photoshop exactly how you describe will work.

One tip: You can drag an image from one place to another by using the Move tool. Beats having to copy it to the clipboard and paste it into another document.

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
F
Flycaster
Nov 7, 2003
"Benny" wrote in message
I have access to an A2 printer, and I want to make posters of large
numbers
of pictures. I use PS 5.5
I have thought of creating a new blank picture A2 size, then opening the pictures I want to include, and copying them into the large one. Is there
a
better way to lay out 100 or more pictures- nothing fancy required- or is this the way to go?

A2, huh? Yes, you can do it exactly as you described though it’s far easier to just drag the images into the file than it is to copy them. The only real problem is the resulting file is going to be HUGE if you’re outputting at 300 dpi or so. For this reason Photoshop is not the best program to do this with….but it can be done.

I made a poster last year that was somewhat similar to what you are talking about. It was about 3/4 that size and the flattened file (except for type) was close to 400 MB (CMYK).

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–
W
Waldo
Nov 7, 2003
In Photoshop, you are able to use either the Picture Package feature or the Contact Sheet feature. Both can be found in the File->Automate menu.

Waldo

"Benny" wrote in message
I have access to an A2 printer, and I want to make posters of large
numbers
of pictures. I use PS 5.5
I have thought of creating a new blank picture A2 size, then opening the pictures I want to include, and copying them into the large one. Is there
a

Benny

W
weil91
Nov 7, 2003
<< In Photoshop, you are able to use either the Picture Package feature >>

That’s found in PS 7 or PSE 2 and is very useful.

Best,

Conrad

Conrad Weiler
Camp Sherman, Oregon

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections