Posted By
Conrad
Feb 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Sorry if this is a wee bit off topic but I was blown away seeing som old (circa 1920’s) Harold Lloyd films on DVD.

These B&W, silent films are over 80 years old and the remastering jo is excellent. I was wondering if anybody knows what software o techniques are used on old movies to bring them onto DVD nea perfection?

TIA,

Conra

Conrad

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jjs
Feb 22, 2005
"Conrad" wrote in message
Hi,

Sorry if this is a wee bit off topic but I was blown away seeing some old (circa 1920’s) Harold Lloyd films on DVD.

These B&W, silent films are over 80 years old and the remastering job is excellent. I was wondering if anybody knows what software or techniques are used on old movies to bring them onto DVD near perfection?

You might look into Adobe After Effects 6.5
M
MOP
Feb 22, 2005
There are a number of different software techniques around for re-mastering, None are really in the consumer arena.
probably the best techniques have been pioneered in Cambridge by Prof PJW Rayner and his team at the University Engineering Dept.they have also done much work on restoration of audio tracks.

http://www-g.eng.cam.ac.uk/125/noflash/1975-2000/aurora.html http://www-g.eng.cam.ac.uk/125/noflash/1975-2000/enginuity/i ssue2/article3.html"Conrad" > Hi,>> Sorry if this is a wee bit off topic but I was blown away seeing some> old (circa 1920’s) Harold Lloyd films on DVD.>> These B&W, silent films are over 80 years old and the remastering job> is excellent. I was wondering if anybody knows what software or> techniques are used on old movies to bring them onto DVD near> perfection?>> TIA,>> Conrad>>> –> Conrad
C
Conrad
Feb 23, 2005
Thanks MOP for the excellent reply and information

Conrad

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections