DM
Posted By
dan_merz
Jan 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed CS upgrade on my laptop, but now I want to do all of my PS work on my desktop, since I cannot have the same upgrade on 2 machines, can I uninstall CS and reinstall it on my other machine without activation problems?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 7, 2004
Actually, you can have it on two machines as long as only one is used at a time. Example: Work desktop, home desktop or Home desktop and laptop for travel.

Bob
D
donjud
Jan 9, 2004
I tried the same thing. I moved CS from an old desktop to my new laptop a couple of weeks after originally installing it.

CS installation requires calling Adobe on the phone to get an authorization number or linking to Adobe on the web. CS makes a comparison of the access code to the date/time clock on your computer. If they are too far apart it won’t install. I tried the same authorization number on my laptop a few weeks after installing it on the desktop. It would not install on the laptop without getting an updated number. I got the number and it works fine now on laptop. When I changed the time on the clock on my pc, I got a message when starting Photoshop CS that I had to get a new authorization number to restart the program.

It’s not difficult and I can understand Adobe wanting to protect their software.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections