S
Posted By
Spartacus74
Nov 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings, all! I’m completely new here and have a couple basic questions. I will be indebted to any kind souls who wish to help. I just learned how to create creative text in Photoshop (7.0). I’ve put my creation on my webpage, but it’d like to get rid of the background so that it doesn’t show up as a white box. To wit, I’d like the background to be transparent so the text just seems to lie seamlessly on my webpage background. Any ideas? My experimentation didn’t yield any positive results…
Is it possible to "take an object" out of a photo and paste it into another photo? I’m sure I could figure out how to Cut it out, but I want the object (eg. person) to look natural in another photo. Is this beyond the scope of Photoshop?
Finally, the more I get into PS, the more likely I’ll be to have lots of questions. I don’t want to constantly burden this group with my newbie (and probably insanely basic) questions, so is there a good site out there that might be a great reference? "Help" in Photoshop is good for those who know exactly what different procedures are called, but I’m lost in the terminology. For instance, I wouldn’t know how to phrase my "cutting the person out of a photo" and put it in the Help Search option.
Thanks again to anyone with insight and a few minutes to reply!

-Jon of Florida

This message has been modified from its original version. It has been formatted to fit this screen.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TD
The Data Rat
Nov 6, 2003
Hi Jon,

Look under filter, then extract. Once you type extract in the help menu, it will explain it clearly. You will be amazed with the results. You will end up with your extracted image on a transparent background that you can put anywhere.

I am sure there is an easier way, but I have used the background from my web pages for the background of the text. This limited me to either using web colors for my background so I could get the same exact color in PS or making my own background.

Don’t worry about asking "easy"questions. Everyone was new to PS at one time. Even is you read the best tutorial in the world, it seems that someone else will have a different way that may be better.

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Greetings, all! I’m completely new here and have a couple basic questions. I will be indebted to any kind souls who wish to help. I just learned how to create creative text in Photoshop (7.0). I’ve put my creation on my webpage, but it’d like to get rid of the background so that it doesn’t show up as a white box. To wit, I’d like the background to be transparent so the text just seems to lie seamlessly on my webpage background. Any ideas? My experimentation didn’t yield any positive results…
Is it possible to "take an object" out of a photo and paste it into another photo? I’m sure I could figure out how to Cut it out, but I want the object (eg. person) to look natural in another photo. Is this beyond the scope of Photoshop?
Finally, the more I get into PS, the more likely I’ll be to have lots of questions. I don’t want to constantly burden this group with my newbie (and probably insanely basic) questions, so is there a good site out there that might be a great reference? "Help" in Photoshop is good for those who know exactly what different procedures are called, but I’m lost in the terminology. For instance, I wouldn’t know how to phrase my "cutting the person out of a photo" and put it in the Help Search option.
Thanks again to anyone with insight and a few minutes to reply!
-Jon of Florida

This message has been modified from its original version. It has been formatted to fit this screen.
J
JJS
Nov 6, 2003
"Jonathan" wrote in message

Go to the HELP menu. Right there in the drop-down menu is "Export Transparent Image".
It is a Wizard that will guide you through the process. Once you see how easy it is, you will not need it again.
S
Spartacus74
Nov 7, 2003
Thanks, guys, for taking the time to give me a great head start on my PS journey! BTW, if anyone’s interested, I found a great tutorial site! It’s at www.worth1000.com if my memory serves correctly. Also some very funny PS work in the gallery section. Check it out for some good laughs or for help on things maybe you haven’t even thought of yet. Geez, you’d think I worked for them or something….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections