Posted By
Clint
Feb 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

My news server doesn’t have a group specific to PSE Ver. 3 so I’m hoping there’s enough similarity between the PS and PSE that someone can help me with this particular question. I have a picture of my little girl where she is standing in profile to the skyline. In her hair, you can see — not clearly — a pink hair hair tye that I would like to remove; because it doesn’t show up clearly and is visually distracting. I can select is using – I think, the magic wand – but am not sure how to remove it while leaving the rest of the picture intact; i.e. a how do I make it look natural as if it wasn’t ever there? I appreicate any help since this kind of question doesn’t lend itself well to Google searches.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
mjamarante
Feb 17, 2005
Clint wrote:
Hi,

My news server doesn’t have a group specific to PSE Ver. 3 so I’m hoping there’s enough similarity between the PS and PSE that someone can help me with this particular question. I have a picture of my little girl where she is standing in profile to the skyline. In her hair, you can see — not clearly — a pink hair hair tye that I would like to remove; because it doesn’t show up clearly and is visually distracting. I can select is using – I think, the magic wand – but am not sure how to remove it while leaving the rest of the picture intact; i.e. a how do I make it look natural as if it wasn’t ever there? I appreicate any help since this kind of question doesn’t lend itself well to Google searches.

Have you tried the clone brush? It will take some careful work to make it blend in properly but that should do the trick.
C
Clint
Feb 17, 2005
Michelle A. wrote:
Clint wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried the clone brush? It will take some careful work to make it blend in properly but that should do the trick.
Hi Michelle,

So, I should take the clone brush, select a bit of the skyline behind her and carefully "paint" over the hair tye? I’ll give that a shot but it sounds a bit tedious… ; P
M
mjamarante
Feb 17, 2005
Clint wrote:
Michelle A. wrote:

Clint wrote:

Hi,

Hi Michelle,

So, I should take the clone brush, select a bit of the skyline behind her and carefully "paint" over the hair tye? I’ll give that a shot but it sounds a bit tedious… ; P

Yes. If it’s only a small area it shouldn’t be too tedious. Or you could try a combination of the clone and healing brush together.

Michelle Amarante

http://www.michelleamarante.com
http://www.photo-genesis.net/

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections