D
Posted By
Don
Jan 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know this has been covered before and I know there are tuts out there, but I would like advice from practical users for the following:

I shoot with a 10D (jpeg) and end up with shots 3072 by 2048 pixels. I use elements and wish to resize down to 4 by 6 or A4. What is the best way of doing this in elements. Your advice appreciated.

regards

Don From Down Under

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jaSPAMc
Jan 23, 2004
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:44:09 GMT, "Don" found these unused words floating about:

I know this has been covered before and I know there are tuts out there, but I would like advice from practical users for the following:
I shoot with a 10D (jpeg) and end up with shots 3072 by 2048 pixels. I use elements and wish to resize down to 4 by 6 or A4. What is the best way of doing this in elements. Your advice appreciated.
Turn OFF resampling and change the dimensions (or dpi) to get what you want.

This will keep the quality and prepare it for printing in your paper size.
A
Alvie
Jan 24, 2004
Two ways to do this.
Your call which is right for you.
Create a droplet and drag and drop the images into it. Let PS do the work. (slowest)
2nd. Use Windows XP and the MS power tools. Put all your images into one directory (they don’t need to be the same size) and use the power tools right click and re-size function to re-size the whole directory full of images to one uniform size. (fastest) Just don’t try to use the ‘auto levels’ of PS 7.1 or earlier to clean up the images! CS does it OK.

The Yowie
———————
"Don" wrote in message
I know this has been covered before and I know there are tuts out there,
but
I would like advice from practical users for the following:
I shoot with a 10D (jpeg) and end up with shots 3072 by 2048 pixels. I
use
elements and wish to resize down to 4 by 6 or A4. What is the best way of doing this in elements. Your advice appreciated.

regards

Don From Down Under

"Don" wrote in message
but
use
elements and wish to resize down to 4 by 6 or A4. What is the best way of doing this in elements. Your advice appreciated.

regards

Don From Down Under

This taken loosely from the Photoshop Bible…

Resampling down actually enables you to smooth away photo grain and other artifacts. Just remember to select a value other than 50 percent to force Photoshop to jumble the pixels into a regular, homogenous soup. You’re left with fewer pixels, but these remaining pixels are better. And you have the added benefit that the image takes up less space on disk. So, no worries mate, heh heh.

To change your image size to 4×6 at 300ppi your pixel dimensions are 1200×1800

~Doc From Up Over
D
Don
Jan 25, 2004
Thanks for all the advice

regards

Don
"Dr. J. Smith" wrote in message
"Don" wrote in message
but
use
elements and wish to resize down to 4 by 6 or A4. What is the best way
of
doing this in elements. Your advice appreciated.

regards

Don From Down Under

This taken loosely from the Photoshop Bible…

Resampling down actually enables you to smooth away photo grain and other artifacts. Just remember to select a value other than 50 percent to force Photoshop to jumble the pixels into a regular, homogenous soup. You’re
left
with fewer pixels, but these remaining pixels are better. And you have the added benefit that the image takes up less space on disk. So, no worries mate, heh heh.

To change your image size to 4×6 at 300ppi your pixel dimensions are 1200×1800

~Doc From Up Over

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections