Why is my default new image always 16 px X 16 px?

WD
Posted By
Walter Donavan
Feb 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
No matter what I set it to, it always reverts to 16 X 16. The only way I can get what I used last is with CTRL + ALT + New, but I’d like it to default to 300 X 300 px so I wouldn’t have to do that.

Help would be appreciated?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Bill Hilton
Feb 16, 2005
No matter what I set it to, it always reverts to 16 X 16. The only way
I can
get what I used last is with CTRL + ALT + New, but I’d like it to
default to
300 X 300 px so I wouldn’t have to do that

Probably picking up 16×16 from a selection you’ve made and copied to the clipboard. If you haven’t made any selections and used copy then the size will remain the same as the last time you used File > New but a selection/copy will change it to match the size of what’s in the clipboard.

Least stressful way to work around this is to make a 300×300 setting and save it as a preset, then all you have to do is select it from the ‘preset’ dropdown menu each time.

Bill
D
Digilamer
Feb 16, 2005
"Walter Donavan" wrote:

No matter what I set it to, it always reverts to 16 X 16. The only way I
can

Have you any other application on you PC that maybe uses the clipboard for its own purposes?
If you have a picture in the clipboard, the New function defaults to its size….

Regards,

Digilamer
T
Tacit
Feb 16, 2005
In <70wQd.2843$> Walter Donavan wrote:
No matter what I set it to, it always reverts to 16 X 16. The only way I can get what I used last is with CTRL + ALT + New, but I’d like it to default to 300 X 300 px so I wouldn’t have to do that.

If you have something on the Clipboard, File->New defaults to the size of whatever is on the Clipboard.

If nothing is on the Clipboard, File->New defaults to whatever you specified the last time you used File->New.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections