M
Posted By
MacS
Jan 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to teach myself Photoshop, and I’m using Photoshop 6.0 on my pc. I’m using Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Classroom in a Book. I’m getting stuck in Chapter 17 "Creating Animated Images for the Web." Specifically, pages 458-460 have to do with "Rotating and moving an object" and "Creating transformed layers." Even more specifically, I’m having problems with the following:

step 6:Position the pointer outside the bounding box (the pointer becomes a curved double arrow), and drag to rotate the drop counterclockwise. Then position the pointer inside the bounding box (the pointer becomes an arrowhead), and drag to reposition the drop as shown in the illustration.

One problem I’m having with step 6 is that instead of the arrowhead appearing by itself, it appears with what looks like a crosshair next to it. I cannot drag the bounding box as the directions want me to. I’m only allowed to drag the centerpoint (the crosshair-looking thing) within the bounding box. How can I fix things so that I can drag the bounding box itself?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Scott

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Jan 7, 2004
"…problem I’m having with step 6 is that instead of the arrowhead appearing by itself, it appears with what looks like a crosshair next to it. I cannot drag the bounding box as the directions want me to. I’m only allowed to drag the centerpoint (the crosshair-looking thing) within the bounding box. How can I fix things so that I can drag the bounding box itself?…"

When you get to this step, zoom in (hold CTRL, and tap the "+" key, once, twice, maybe more times…), enough so that your cursor isn’t automatically attempting to move that center anchor/rotation point. Hold your cursor in the inside of the bounding box, and move it around after each zoom in "+" key tap. You’ll see that the cursor will have more screen room in which to maneuver before it gets too close to that center point and changes to the "Pointer/Cross-hair" thingy that’s been thwarting your efforts.

Try it, and you’ll see what I mean.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections